What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the easiest way to create this effect?

Oblivion

I am trying to create the line on this image so I can have it as a transparent png but I cannot figure out how to do it. Can any of you tell me the best what to recreate this?

Thanks in advance.

270c8ce514.jpg

I appreciate the quick response. Searching the forum I was able to find something close to what I wanted and it worked out pretty good.

(can post links yet though)

Thanks again.

Nice. Perfect in fact.

You can experiment with the highlight, if you want that. It's likely done with a gradient and the darker green on either end with the bright in the middle. Make a selection box on another layer. Create a gradient with the right and left edges the regular green you're using. Make a color in the middle for your highlight. If you haven't adjusted a gradient before, just right click on its representation in the tool menu above.

Gradient.PNG

This is what I came up with; didn't spend a lot of time adjusting the color stops you can see:
shadow.jpg

As always, there are many way to accomplish an effect.

I had a slightly different approach.....

After I made the slit, on a new layer I used a radial gradient to create the raised highlight.

SS_01.png

I then created a rectangle in line with the slit and hit shift + command + I to invert the selection.

SS_02.png

I then hit delete to remove the lower part of the radial gradient.

SS_03.png

On a new layer, I then created a new rectangle to isolate the area above the slit. I used a large brush set to black with it's opacity turned down to 2% to darken the areas just outside the highlight.

SS_04.png

Here it is framed and with some layer styles.

SimBar_01.png

Back