What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

picture becomes discoloured?

Tengyue Mah

Hi guys !! i am trying to make a poster here , but when i copied some pictures over they become discoloured as shown in the picture . i have no idea why that happened can anyone help :(

Attachments

• gift idea poster.jpg
    gift idea poster.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 0
Perhaps it is a language issue, but there is no color at all in the image you posted. When one says that something becomes discolored, it almost always means that the original color was unintentionally changed to some other color. For example, old photographs (prints) left in the sunlight often lose most of their original colors take on a pale red tint.

Might you have meant that it started out in color but now is in black and white? Can you describe the problem in different terms to explain what you mean?

Tom M

Perhaps it is a language issue, but there is no color at all in the image you posted. When one says that something becomes discolored, it almost always means that the original color was unintentionally changed to some other color. For example, old photographs (prints) left in the sunlight often lose most of their original colors take on a pale red tint.

Might you have meant that it started out in color but now is in black and white? Can you describe the problem in different terms to explain what you mean?

Tom M

Yup sorry , meant to say that originally the 2 pictures of the box and the bag were blue and red before i copied them over.now they are black and white :/

Ahh. I thought that might be what you meant, but had to check.

In order to help you, we need to know what software you used to do this, and exactly what steps did you take?

Tom

PS - Can you also post the URL of the original image that you are trying to copy.

PPS - Are you the owner of the original picture, or do you have their permission to copy it?

Tomn

I am using CS 6 . i simply typed out the fonts myself and dragged the image over and it became black and white .Unable to post the urls, dont have enough forum posting counts yet :/

i used g images to find them , did not get permission from sources . am i unable to use them ? :/

The image mode could be set to grayscale. click IMAGE then MODE and if its on grayscale change it to RBG. then put the pictures on after you've changed it.
Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:
a) Smidders guess at the problem is exactly what I would have said. Do what he said and let us know.

b) With respect to copyright law, it is different in each country, but in general, you can not use images or other intellectual property generated by someone else without their permission, especially if you will make money doing so.

If you do, most likely, they true owners will never find out. If they do learn of it, they'll probably first contact you, and if you don't respond, they will send a "take-down" notice to your ISP, thereby taking you or your store off the air. If they are more annoyed, they will have their lawyer sue you, and if they are *really* annoyed, you might get a visit from some very muscular, unreasonable young men. LOL.

Tom M

But how could he have color images at all if the mode was set to greyscale?

Is there a save as format that changes to B&W?

Hi Clare - I think what the OP meant is that he first constructed a grayscale image in PS (...sounds like it was mostly just text), then, he found an RGB color image somewhere on the web, and then dragged it to his already open (grayscale) PS image.

I'm not at my PS computer at the moment, and don't tend to work this way, but I'm pretty sure that when one does a drag and drop, PS will attempt to convert the incoming image to the mode (RGB, CMYK, grayscale, etc.) of the receiving (extant) PS file, so, in his case, everything wound up in grayscale.

Perhaps he'll return again early tomorrow AM and let us know.

Cheers,

T

Back