What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a light effect to a led product

oodya

Hello,

I have an LED lamp which I am looking to add some lighting effect to.

The LEDs on the attached file (top 18 LEDs) is currently using a White background layer on Photoshop.

However, I am wondering if there is a way to make it look as the lights are actually on and a bit bright?

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• d USB.jpg
    d USB.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi odya, If your plan is to leave the lamp itself on the white BG, then a simple soft brush set to white would work.

I added two new layers.
On the first, I used the Brush Tool and a soft white brush to click on each light..

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.30.20 AM.png

On the second layer, I enlarged the brush added a large overall glow to the upper part of the lamp.
This image is the second layer with the first turned off.

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.30.33 AM.png

Here are both layers turned on...

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.31.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.29.12 AM.png

That is absolutely wonderful. I got the first layer working - looks great now. What did you mean by 'added a large overall glow to the upper part of the lamp'? This is not urgent as the first layer looks great - just for me to keep in mind for future reference.

Thanks for your help!! Much appreciated.

In the second layer, here is what I did...

I increased the size of the brush like this....

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 9.16.33 AM.png

....and added a large glow like this....

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 9.20.14 AM.png

When I did it above, I failed to mention that I then lowered the layers opacity to my liking.

Perfect - thank you very much - I managed to get it to work.

Your help is much appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Sam outer glow effect also works well??

Explain please.

Back