What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another question (Sorry)

Carllewis1989

Watching a tutorial and the guy makes a rule of thirds grid and then duplicates it to make the grids smaller still.

I found a way to make my guide in my preferences a rule of thirds grid.

1. Can I duplicate the Grid at all?

2. Can I move this grid around ?

3. If no , What was the guy in the tutorial using ?

view new guide set it to 33% vertical

repeat set it to 66%

repeat set it to 99% or i you need 100% accuracy set it at 33.3333333333333333% intervals

Alternatively here is a nice addon to photoshop which is free http://www.guideguide.me/

or make your own png image at 1920 X 1080 or greater with the lines and then just scale it down to your canvas everytime you want a grid put it as top layer

If it helps its a grid he can move around and I think he right clicks and then selected "Free Transform" to resize it to the canvas ?

Oh its layer called 3 x 3 box . So its something he has made . So what would be the quickest and easiest way to make one of these as I will be using them ALOT . Sorry for all the posts on one thread. Hyperactive and have so much to learn !

It sounds to me like he has just made a ROT grid using something other than the native guides in Ps.

Set up your native grid to the 33.3 percent rule of thirds.

Create a new document. Open the grid with com/cntrl + ' (apostrophe).

Select your Line Tool, set your fill to black, tun off stroke, set your weight to 2px.
Use the Line Tool to follow/trace over the native grid.
Save.

Set up your native grid to the 33.3 percent rule of thirds.

Create a new document. Open the grid with com/cntrl + ' (apostrophe).

Select your Line Tool, set your fill to black, tun off stroke, set your weight to 2px.
Use the Line Tool to follow/trace over the native grid.
Save.

Thank you mate :) going to do this first thing in the morning . Need my bed

Back