What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add basic lighting effects?

I believe this is more than a simple lighting effect. Hang on, there will be more info forthcoming.

I believe this is more than a simple lighting effect. Hang on, there will be more info forthcoming.
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to classify it. I'm not really a newbie, I just needed help with this. I see a soft White-Red-yellow-light pink gradient, and a couple lens flares. I'm just having a tough time putting everything together to make it look good.

It may take a while for someone to comeup with a reproduction of your sample in order to outline what may be done to achieve it....

But offhand - careful blending of the ballplayers against one another with hue and saturation. But what catches my eye is a haze enveloping the image.... which adds to the lighting effect.

And like you mentioned, the background gradient. I think it's those 2 elements - background and foreground haze - that made the image composite work.

Here's something about that misty, abstract background that may help ...... with a bit of substitution of players, it might work..... http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tutorials/photoshop/create-euphoric-abstract-haze/

Here is something that might help you some. I just kind of threw this together.
light effect.JPG

I didn't add all the sparkly effects or lettering, but here's my quick version of the effect.

I cut out three images (with thanks to Nike for their ads on plain black backgrounds), desaturated them, and placed them on the page. Made a background from color blobs and maximum blur. Applied a layer mask to the players and used "apply image", inverted, to let the background through. Then I threw a lens flare on it just because the original had one. I have to admit I rather like the effect. I think I'm going to steal it for other graphics. :)

BBall.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rise, I am not sure I understand how this follows the suggestions for lighting effects. I mean, I see a lighteing of the bg, but that is all. NOthing really dramatic like your example. Maybe you can explain; or maybe you aren't done yet?

Back