What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Help menu keeps opening.

rare-twinkie

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have seen this and may have a possible solution. A lady who sits next to me at work had a problem with her Help menu in PS (F1 help). Some how it opened and got stuck in a loop where it would open about 10 times. You then close each one and it would open 2 more. Close those two and it opens 2 more, and so on and so on....
She said it happened when she tried to use the basic "Adjust Brightness Contrast" option. I like to think I am an above average PS user but this one got me stumped. I couldn't Ctrl+Alt+del or anything. The only way I got it to stop was to Alt-Tab back to PS and super quickly start pounding the Esc key. now she tells me this happens all tht time for her.
So anyone had this before or know what causes it?
Just curious.
thx
steve r.

I've heard of this happening in situations where available RAM gets too low.

Try increasing the amount of RAM available to PS through Preference, close other programs running simutaneously, purge the history/clipboard, or buy some more memory.

Hope you get to the bottom of it. \:]

And if those don't work, delete your Prefs file and let PS create it again from scratch. And if THAT doesn't work, re-install.

Sorry guys been away for a while, But i've just stared having this problem, I am half way through a logo, But Photoshop keeps opening help i firefox. Please help.

Try the solutions as suggested by the members. I've never experienced that before so I have no other ideas on how to help. If it doesn't work, open a new topic about it for others to help.

Back