What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can't I get Blue Colors to Print Correctly???

dave3191

[FONT=&quot]I’m running Windows 7 64Bit running Adobe CS5 Master Collection. But ever since I allowed CS5 Photoshop to control my printer (HP Photosmart Prem 310-C) to do a test print of a graphic that I created all of my Blues print a violet/blue color, no matter what color blue. It has even affected MS Word & MS Project when I try to print blue colored font or Gantt Chart blues will no longer print blue, but will print the same blue/violet color. I’ve even tried a brilliant blue which will all view great, but prints the same shade of violet blue! All my colors and Blues will view great! I've calibrated my monitor and I’ve reset my printer several times and still the same thing! [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I never had this problem before I downloaded Adobe CS5! A strange thing is that I can run check printer test and the data & image that is stored in the printer will print blues perfect, including running a copy direct from the scanner bed and it will produce perfect blues. I almost feel as though Adobe CS5 has possessed my PC and printer, how do I get it back to printing like it did before installing CS5 Master Suite? Thanks to all who can help in this matter! :banghead:[/FONT]

Does this problem happen when you print? Or when you try to upload to MS Word?

Have you tried a system restore to back before you installed CS5?

It always happens when I send an item to print, whatever the format is, jpeg, png, pdf, gif, even MS Word, MS Project and so on. When I test the printer from its own memory/sample picture it print perfect colors.

It could be an ink problem, google the colour "blue" pick one, and print if it is still the violet/blue colour. If it is still that colour it is probably an ink shortage.

It could be an ink problem, google the colour "blue" pick one, and print if it is still the violet/blue colour. If it is still that colour it is probably an ink shortage.

I wish that it was that simple but I have fresh ink cartridges, as a matter of fact I just bought a new printer thinking that it was my old printer, but no. It's deffenatly the CS5 Photoshop, just can't figure out how to get it to print correctly as displayed on the calibrated screen.

Hi dave3191

what color space are you working on, CMYK,RGB,LAB depending on the color space you are working on, it doesn't always prints the same color shade that you see on the screen.
Did you check the color setting profile on Edit>Preferences>color settings.

Have you tried a system restore to back before you installed CS5?

Yep I did, I even did an uninstall of the CS5 Master Suite and when I reinstalled CS5 I noticed that a color palate that I created reappeared with the fresh install! So this tells me that Adobe has some hidden files somewhere that I need to locate so that I can delete them and then do a fresh install. I'm thinking at this point that it's my only answer to get rid of whatever settings are preventing me from printing true blue colors. But how to find these hidden files, that's the question of the day now!

Hi dave3191

what color space are you working on, CMYK,RGB,LAB depending on the color space you are working on, it doesn't always prints the same color shade that you see on the screen.
Did you check the color setting profile on Edit>Preferences>color settings.

Well when I first started to play around in photoshop I was working in it's preset settings which I now know was CMYK, once I discovered this I changed it over to sRGB and all new work I do is in RGB. Now that I think about it when I first started working in CS5 I made some blue color swatches and when I converted it over to RGB my swatched changed from the blues to the violet/blue. So I basically started over in RGB made new blue swatches from the original sample to test it and they stayed the same color blue and didn't change. But when I go to print, every shade of blue prints this violet/blue.

So I tried using just the stock RGB Blue colors only and when I go to print out comes that wonderful violet/blue and it dosen't matter how many different shades of blue I use from displaying brilliant blue all the way to dark deep blue it will all print out the same violet/blue with one being a little darker or lighter than the other but basically it looks like the exact same violet/blue!

This is driving me absolutly nuts as I have all of this beautiful work completed i.e. a beautiful blue sky, a blue water lake, a perfect custome painted blue car for example. But when I print any of these I get this VIOLET/BLUES!

Try going to a public printer (you would probably have to pay around $0.99) and see if it works there... if it does, its time to get a new printer.

Try going to a public printer (you would probably have to pay around $0.99) and see if it works there... if it does, its time to get a new printer.

Thanks anyway but I already purchased a new printer thinking that it might of been the problem. It's definitely some hidden setting in an Adobe CS5 File somewhere, just need to find Adobes hidden files! Thanks for your input though...

Thanks anyway but I already purchased a new printer thinking that it might of been the problem. It's definitely some hidden setting in an Adobe CS5 File somewhere, just need to find Adobes hidden files! Thanks for your input though...

Have you tried reinstalling the software(s)?

Have you tried reinstalling the software(s)?

Oh ya, three times already, but Adobe CS5 stores hidden files somewhere that stores all of your info, settings, etc. Because everytime I reinstalled the CS5 Suite all of my old settings reappeared! Strange?