Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wtf my "line tool" is stuck as an "arrow"

Never run into this one before...all of a sudden, my regular photoshop line tool is drawing an ARROW with an arrow head on it, and I can't get it to stop. Look:

-arrowa-jpg

The line tool is clearly selected, but it draws an arrow when I try to draw a line. It's as though it's "stuck" drawing a custom shape (of an arrow)...all of the other shapes work normally...it's just the line tool (which i need lol!) that draws arrows. I've closed and re-opened PS, no dice.

The *only* thing I can think of: I was using the line tool normally, and then i changed the "weight" to 2.0 cm to see what would happen...then it started started drawing arrows...so I thought "hm...weird", and i changed the weight back to 0.5cm. But now I'm stuck with arrows all the time! That 'weight' thing is probably unrelated to the problem, but just thought i'd mention it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Re: wtf my "line tool" is stuck as an "arrow"

on your left circle click that black arrow and navigate to reset tool that should fix it if not close photoshop hold down cntrl + shift + and alt and reclick photoshop icon when it says are you sure you want to delete the preference file select yes and that will restore all tools back to default settings

3. Thanks domino66 clicked thanks for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by domino66 View Post
    Never run into this one before...all of a sudden, my regular photoshop line tool is drawing an ARROW with an arrow head on it, and I can't get it to stop. Look:

-arrowa-jpg

The line tool is clearly selected, but it draws an arrow when I try to draw a line. It's as though it's "stuck" drawing a custom shape (of an arrow)...all of the other shapes work normally...it's just the line tool (which i need lol!) that draws arrows. I've closed and re-opened PS, no dice.

The *only* thing I can think of: I was using the line tool normally, and then i changed the "weight" to 2.0 cm to see what would happen...then it started started drawing arrows...so I thought "hm...weird", and i changed the weight back to 0.5cm. But now I'm stuck with arrows all the time! That 'weight' thing is probably unrelated to the problem, but just thought i'd mention it.
    I remember this happening to me once.. you probably just ticked the box by mistake somehow?

Introducton to Adobe Photoshop | The Line Tool

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This one will help : -resetshape-jpg

6. Thanks rannaabro clicked thanks for this post
    Guru
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click the Geometry Options button on the tool bar, that's where you set the arrow options. If you uncheck the start/end boxes it will be a line only.

8. Thanks rannaabro clicked thanks for this post