What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Image crop, replace and text adjustment

iNfRaSoNiC

Hi, guys, I have som questions.

So, I want to erase player name ( on his jersey ) and replaces with my own text. I tryed different thing but I cannot make it look good.

di-HWV9.jpg

This one, I want to remove " MESSI" and add my own text with this (curves, waves ) and make it look real. How I can add this kind of effects on the text ( some other name ) and how to erase the real name without much trace? Thanks again! Your help is very, very apreciated!

iNfRaSoNiC

hoi infrasonic

select the name "messi" and try to remove the name with content-aware-fill
Photoshop CS5 New Features - Content Aware Fill Tutorial
after that you can make the edges better with smudge-tool

to make new name you have to work with displacement-filter
How To Make A Flag - Displace Filter & Displacement Maps | PhotoshopSupport.com

example
View attachment 7425

OMG, you rock, mate! I will try this thing tomorrow and post back what I've done! Thanks a lot!

iNfRaSoNiC

Am, I have some problems with the disort filter. Should I use the whole image to make the disort or only the part og the image where the name will be placed?
And also, heres what happend when I change the blending mode to Overlay :( I am missing something....

di-ETBZ.jpg

colleague

Guru
yes you can use the whole image to do the distort

and to make it better you can make 2 copys of the distorted "noname"

one copy set with blending mode on "color"
and second copy on top with blending mode on "normal" but with opacity 40 %

noname.jpg