What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Error?

horsemouth

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if you could help with this problem I'm getting in Photoshop Cs2?

I received a nice cd from usa with loads of actions and their corresponding filters - the problem comes when I load up the action, run it and it asks for the corresponding filter - I browse to the filter folder, choose a filter and click ok.

Photoshop then gives me the following error:

Could not place the document because PDFL initialization failed?

Any advice you could give me, would be greatful.

Regards H

Welcome to the forums, horsemouth.

I can't imaging what the PDF Library has to do with loading a filter and couldn't find any information after searching my normal sources. Have you inquired from the person who supplied the action/filter sets?

Hmmm, after thinking about it, I'm also going to move your post to the Technical Questions forum as (perhaps) more technically minded folks will check it out there...

Thank you for the reply Welles.

I asked the guy who sent me the cd and he replied that it works okay on his computer?

Also, when I go into Edit/Adobe PDF Presets I get the same error - Could not complete your request because PDFL initialization failed?

I just cannot workout what the problem could be? \:/

I have two knee-jerk reactions which may be whistling in the wind. One, trash preferences. Two, reinstall Photoshop as something may not be right with the installation. [stuned] :cry:

Back