Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Photoshop Text tool Problem

so i was using the text tool in Cs6 and the blinking cursor line that usually shows up after whatever i just typed now shows up at the begging of the text. and whenever i input a punctuation mark or space it shows up at the beginning of the text line i started and only goes to the end if i continue to type. anyone have any idea how to fix this? thanks!

Power User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Photoshop Text tool Problem

I am assuming you are making a "path" for the text to follow... In which case, It is a pain.
    You must click over and over to select the path properly, If you do not achieve the expected result, do the same thing on a slightly different part of the path...
    But, if you are just making plain text without the path... I suggest making the text box slightly larger than it was ,then attempt to type.
    My Photoshop does that sometimes with a small text box...
    If you do the same thing over and over expecting a different result, remember; your insane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

better still dont make a text box just click on your document with the text too and type away

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive actually been doing just that, hoogle. So the text box size isnt a problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

are you sure you have not swapped the default text tool to another option if it continues reset your text tool and it should be back to normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it was happening every time i opened and restarted my photoshop. also i deleted the preferences and opened it again. i was using the correct Text tool.

BUT. i figured it out. somehow my paragraph settings were messed with. not sure how. but i opened the paragraph panel and changed some things around and now its working perfectly! so happy to have it back haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh please, oh please tell me how you fixed it. I have the same issue adn nothing I've messed with under the paragraph panel does anything.
    Every time I write a sentence and hit a period, or question mark or exclamation mark, it moves the punctuation to the beginning of the sentence: example
    !It's making me mental
    How do i fix this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Id love to help you. I am going to work now but when I get home later tonight I will take a screenshot of the setting that I changed that fixed it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Photoshop Text tool Problem-photoshop-fix.jpg

This is what was selected that was making it mess up. selected the option right next to it and it was fixed completely. hopefully this works for you too.

sorry it took a while to get back to you, got a baby and three jobs haha

11. Thanks Key-Six, N/A clicked thanks for this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast