What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making a cut out using channels & calculations.

That's a different method than I've seen in tuts. They don't use calculations in the ones I've used. Very cool. Thanks for taking the time to make this great video Inkz.

It does a rather decent job on the hair also.

Thanks Aunty C lol

I know I will. Today. I clicked the thanks button Inkz. You use it all the time and it's taught me to use it more often!

Question: does this method work very well with contrasty images, rather than a subject say, dark on light?

Great tutorial Inkz!

This is very similar to the technique I use. Channel masking is all about blacks and whites, how you get there is irrelevant as long as it works!

Great tutorial Inkz!

This is very similar to the technique I use. Channel masking is all about blacks and whites, how you get there is irrelevant as long as it works!

I get this now....thanks Sam !

Great tutorial Inkz!

Thanks Sam...

It's a great technique providing the background is pretty much a solid colour.

Inkz, I have a file in my bookmarks dedicated to extractions. Yours is in there now. Thanks again. I'm glad you have a good screen recorder, lol.

Inkz, I have a file in my bookmarks dedicated to extractions. Yours is in there now. Thanks again. I'm glad you have a good screen recorder, lol.

I'm honored Clare lol...

I hope to do many more video tutorials now I can make them.

We hope so... great stuff, more please....

Whats the music called and who by ? i like it.. i was bouncing up down ward 10 to this. evryone else was moving up and down in their chairs as they were strapt in for feeding time... the staff were going bonkers and looked just like us.. it was great.

Not as much as the tut mind...... i may even get round to painting me jacket at this rate ..... soooooo excited that have learn ( been tought ) a better way to extract images from a back ground.

Got to go... got clean up the mess.... staff not very happy....

Makes all the differance to some one like me... thank you.

I'm surprised they allow you internet access where you can spread bad influences to all those captive audience strap-ins. Maybe the music is fine; after all it was chosen by a PSG member of good standing!

Sigh, let me know if they ever let you out. Have they seen your avatar? Don't show them, or you'll be in a padded cell for firebug fantasies.

I dare not mention fire.... the last time i did they found everyone splashing around in the therapy pool in anticipation .

Have to strap em in..it's the only way to get em take notice of me....

The last time i showed one of them my avatar he went nuts... he was jumping up and down with joy.. i was stunned to find out from the staff he thought it was a family port rate of his brother..He thought inkpad.t said T'dakni in his native language which is his brothers nick name... and he is getting a visit... poor chap tried burning me jacket when he came round and accused me of getting his hopes up.

only when i have learnt and mastered the 3 P's you have mention in an other post will ever get out. until then i'm very happy being a family member here on PSG with such knowledgeable mods and members to learn from..

Back