What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teach me .CSS drop down menus! ;-)

Wait

For what it is worth I am creating a new site to out line my web design business and I want to spice things up a LOT! I got close to the fire and realized that it was burning out of control with information I don?t currently possess. I want to create functional and appealing drop down menus without having to use much if at all possible no java script. I know you can accomplish this with style sheets but the problem is I don?t yet know how.

This is an example from a tutorial (template) I acquired from macromedia. www.joekiske.com/test .

What I would ultimately like to accomplish is a horizontal drop down menu with multiple sub menus.

Thx in advance for your input,

-Joe :perfect:

Hey Joe-
Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?
http://www.csscreator.com/menu/multimenu.php
The template you posted actually looks pretty good (nice site too!).
I found a lot of drop down menu tutorials on Google so I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to find-unless I misunderstood what you were after.

I'm actually in the same boat too, I need to start getting on the CSS bandwagon. I use it for text formatting-which is really nice-but have yet to jump in the deep end of the pool for layout...! So much to learn...if you find some nice learning tools let us know too, hopefully we can all learn a little bit from each other.

Let me know if the tut helps! :perfect:

tfoster said:
Hey Joe-
Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?
http://www.csscreator.com/menu/multimenu.php
The template you posted actually looks pretty good (nice site too!).
I found a lot of drop down menu tutorials on Google so I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to find-unless I misunderstood what you were after.

I'm actually in the same boat too, I need to start getting on the CSS bandwagon. I use it for text formatting-which is really nice-but have yet to jump in the deep end of the pool for layout...! So much to learn...if you find some nice learning tools let us know too, hopefully we can all learn a little bit from each other.

Let me know if the tut helps! :perfect:

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for the site. I've moved on and never ended up using the dropdown menus as I intended but the information will not go unused. ;) I used another menu style and a different page design for my site. Check it out if you want. www.joekiske.com . The only two menu options that are currently work ing are "About Me" which is the home page and "Video".

Thanks for the site as well Rick!

-Joe

Nice site Wait...

One thing i feel compelled to tell you... resave that photo of the street sign as a Jpg, not a Gif. This'll allow you to get a much smaller file size while retaining almost all of the image quality. ;)

Back