What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little probem with this edge. Pic inside. (VERY NOOB, I think)

MX_TR

Hello everybody. I'm new to Photoshop and I'm currently using CS6.
I was wondering if it's possible to make the marked part (see image if you have time, it's just 44k:cry:) more similar to the one below, which is sharper and more in focus. I've tried by decreasing brightness, shadows, lights, contrast and so on.. But it always looks fake. Is there something I can do to fix this? I don't how to call it. A sort of halo/blur/??? on the edge.
Thank you in advance for your time. Have a great day!

Attachments

• X.jpg
    X.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 53
if somebody were to do that for you it be a lot easier without that pink ring on it.

What i don't get is how it's 'smudged' more within the pink ring than outside of it?

It is to small too wager on how it happened but it looks like it might've been blurred out on purpose

This is my thinking old bean[highfive]

So you think like an old bean..... I have taught you well young Jedi

Bows and walks backwards whispering yes sire:rofl:

:rofl:..... You know your place.......this is good:mrgreen:

Shoots crossbow into old fruits ass from corridor :rofl:

I'm sorry. I do not speak English very well so I'm not exactly understanding what you guys mean sometimes. Anyway I'll try with the clone stamp and I'll let you know. Thanks

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Okay, on the language barrier, can you post the image without the pink ring on it? It will be much easier for one to fix. I'm taking a guess here, is that a cat that has been added or removed from a picture? Could be blurred for that reason (poor masking of cut out)?

12.png
Okay, on the language barrier, can you post the image without the pink ring on it? It will be much easier for one to fix. I'm taking a guess here, is that a cat that has been added or removed from a picture? Could be blurred for that reason (poor masking of cut out)?

Hello iDad. Thank you for your time.
Here's the image without the pink ring. It is a cat, but it has not been added or removed from any picture. I've just excluded this part from the entire photo. I can show you the full one privately if it can help.
Thank you.

PS: I'm almost sure it is related to the aperture, which was 1.4

Last edited:
Why can't you post the full image, it's only a cat...right?

I presume you know that at f/1.4 and shooting from a couple of feet away, the depth of field is only about an inch, right?

T

I presume you know that at f/1.4 and shooting from a couple of feet away, the depth of field is only about an inch, right?

T

Yes I know it. The fact is Shutter Priority was required so I couldn't check the aperture :)

Aside from why it's like that,I believe Steve said try the clone tool. It should work convincingly enough,at least looking at that small thing it should.

It's really hard to talk about this in the abstract, given that we don't really have any idea of your overall goal.

My guess is that you want to have all foreground objects sharp (right up to their very edges), but all background objects soft & blurry. Is that correct? Because, if it is, I don't think you'll be happy trying to use PS to sharpen up the edges of all the foreground objects that currently have soft edges. What usually happens is that everything starts to look fake, exactly as you have already observed.

If this is indeed your goal, the only real way to achieve it is to use a very wide aperture long telephoto lens. Then you will get images similar to those taken by sports pro photographers of ball players on the field taken from a long distance away. The athletes are sharp, right to their edges, but the background is completely soft.

HTH,

T

Thanks to everyone. I got a good result by using the clone tool. Probably my eye goes always there, because I know I did the trick but overall I think is not so noticeable.
And yes Tom, I wanted sharper edges as you said. Next time I can try to control the aperture, maybe 1.8/2.0 will be better, as I do not have a telephoto lens.

Thank you all for the precious tips :)

Back