What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking something out of an image.

Ronano

I tried doing this, and it took only 5-10 mins max
But heres the before picture
storm1.jpg
As you can see there's a woman standing in the middle, so I tried taking her out, for practice:
storm1edit.jpg
Do you think I did a good job?
I notice some faults, but it was really quick, just for introductory purposes for this question!

So does anyone have good techniques for taking one thing out of a photo - and making it look like it was never there? If you do, please tell me!

Paul

Former Member
Time is no real issue mate, all this it only took 10 minutes does my fruit in, take your time and get much better results, with new software it is now really easy to take out portions of any image.
Content aware is a great tool in Cs5, you still have to help it along in the end (that's where the slowing down and taking your time comes in)...

What did you use to achieve your result?

Ronano

(I use CS5 - but dont have that good a grips on it) It was mainly erasing, copying, pasting, blur, that kind of thing. No where near a pro job. And as I wrote underneath - Im aware that isnt great, but it was just for an introduction to the topic. What I really wanna know are some GOOD ways to do this!

Thanks,
Ronano.

Paul

Former Member
Not having a go mate?
Try out content aware or good old clone stamp, or any combination of what you are already doing. The end result is the main thing, how you get there is your individual choice (that's the good thing about Photoshop).
TRY THIS TUT OUT

Ronano

Thanks, paul!