What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Evalutation: may anyone critique my photo, please? Thank you very much.

MORANDI1

Hi everybody and thank you in advance for the help. Hope I uploaded correctly the file, because I am not used, I am not skilled... :redface: The resolution is 116 and the pixels are 1920x1280. Hope I got it right... I have been using Photoshop since last january, so I am not skilled at all, anyway to create this photo I used around 12 images and Liquify and dodge/burn tools:). I like surrealism, from Magritte in painting to the pictures in this site and in the web, but right now I am not skilled enough to create similar images (hope in the future I will:)). Thanks again for repling me. Francesco

dsc22660018extra0034lay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not understand why my computer does not upload it... If you got any idea why it does not work, please let me know. Thanks.

Can you upload it to an image hoster, ie Photobucket.....

Then pass the link to myself or another Mod, and we will get it up for you.

There you go mate...

I've edited your topic with adding the image.

Welcome Morandi. It is beautiful. I'm happy to see another member who knows the fine arts and can reproduce their ideas digitally. Keep up the good work. Stay on this forum and you'll learn a lot to supplement you "newbie" skills. We have a new photography thread for posting your shots, post-processing allowed. An opportunity for such abstracts will surely present itself along the way. Every week will be a different theme. We also have challenges a couple times a month which usually require new techniques, especially for the newer PS user like yourself. You seem to be getting the hang of it quite well with this kind of manipulation. Please post more of your work.

Queen Bee, thank you very much for your kindness:) You will see me around for sure: I have got a lot to learn! And thanks to Inkz too! Yes, I know, I am a "newbie": I like the word you use in English for "pivello", the Italian word for "newbie"...:) Thanks again and you will hear from me soon. Francesco

Pivello, very nice work! I do enjoy this type of abstract, very 60's in a acid trip kinda way!

Hi, thank you!:) Especially for the acid trip stuff!:lol: At the moment (but I think in the future too) it is very important to realize that I am a newbie, otherwise I could not understand that I need to improve! Thanks again and see you around!Francesco

Some of my personal favourite tools have been used by you on this wicked liquid image, very nice my friend.:mrgreen:

Very nice, indeed.

I particularly like how your use of design elements such as negative space (eg, the dark slashes and blocks), repeating shapes, contrasting colors (eg, green-red), a hierarchy of texture, etc. control my attention when I am looking at your image. I find myself constantly looking around your image for more fun "things" to explore without getting bored, without my eye wandering off the edge of the image, etc.

It is also to your credit that the shapes within your image are sufficiently organic that I keep wondering whether any particular one actually started life as a representational concept and morphed into what they currently are, or whether I am just experiencing the strong human impetus to attribute meaning to all patterns. Such psychological ambiguity is wonderful in images of this sort.

Again, a very nice piece. Please stay around and contribute as much as you can.

One thought ... if you are not familiar with Corel Painter, they have some very nice impasto brushes, rakes, knives, trowels, etc. You may or may not want to use them on this particular piece (because of its fluidity), but they could be used in the future to give your images even more three dimensionality and even more visual interest. Attached below is an example of just some strokes with some of these brushes to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Best regards,

Tom M

Attachments

• Every_brush_under_the_sun-01b_650px_wide.jpg
    Every_brush_under_the_sun-01b_650px_wide.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hi, sorry I reply just now! Thank you very much Paul and thank you to you Tom M for your thorough review! You attached a very interesting image!:) No, I am not familiar with Corel Painter, but it looks very interesting for the 3D effects as shown in your image... Nice tips!:) Thanks again to all! Francesco

Please show us some more of your work, very thought provoking and interesting to view.

Back