What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Automatic" liquify? Very hard to solve.

LiuMil

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I would like to ask if anyone has any idea how to do this in "automatic liquify". In the image below I used the liquify tool to make the sides and edges of the handkerchief as square as possible. Does anyone know if there is a function that automatically expands the edges and straightens any creases? I was thinking about a selection or with ten pen tool. Something that create multiple point and then you "tell" ps to straighten up all the four sides creating a square.
I have tried all the tools I know of but I haven't been able to understand if there is a possibility or if it is necessary to do everything manually.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 alle 17.04.41.png

Hi @LiuMil
No, I do not know any way to automatically straighten out arbitrary edges or lines in a pattern within Photoshop whether the liquify tool or not.
However, it would help to share your end objective in straightening out this silk pocket square. Sharp straight edges are not hard to make yet it can look very unnatural for a pocket square.
If you are trying to create a pattern to duplicate, that may be a different need and associated approach.
Also, do you need all lines in the pattern to be straight as well as the edges, and the shading in the pocket square gives it dimension? Yet you may or may not want that given your specific end need.
Just my suggestion
John Wheeler

Hi @thebestcpu
Thank you for your answer. My ultimate goal is to present this kind of handkerchiefs or other pieces of clothing that have a vaguely square shape, making them as square as possible. And precisely reducing the creases present on the edges. However, I understand that it is preferable to do it with the liquify tool and that there is no tool that recognizes "Points" and straightens them automatically, right?. Thank you for your help.
Liu

A version using Generative Expand (*this depends on the version of PS you have):

Using the Crop Tool, crop the image down slightly inside your guide lines:

1699716802001.png

Going to the Crop Tool again, and using the Generative Expand feature (see top menu when the Crop Tool is selected)

1699716992934.png

Pull the handles out to create the empty areas to be filled:

1699717068587.png

1699717153869.png

Then click on the check mark in the top menu to fill the empty areas making sure Generative Expand is still selected

1699717325739.png

Result:

1699717500917.png

Now crop your image to any size you want.

This is just one way to do it and again, depends on your version of PS. :)

Back