What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

irregular crop help

ceruse

Hello, technical question for science writing. We took photos of one side of a thin metal foil and I stitched them together as a .psd. Basically a long, thin, roughly rectangular shape. Now, I need to meticulously crop out all the background. I was using ImageJ for this (FIJI), but it requires that I step by step outline the image, no mistakes or I have to start over. Is there any way I can crop it irregularly through photoshop? Many thanks.

Hello, technical question for science writing. We took photos of one side of a thin metal foil and I stitched them together as a .psd. Basically a long, thin, roughly rectangular shape. Now, I need to meticulously crop out all the background. I was using ImageJ for this (FIJI), but it requires that I step by step outline the image, no mistakes or I have to start over. Is there any way I can crop it irregularly through photoshop? Many thanks.
Hi @ceruse
There are often many ways to select the background in Photoshop without a detailed selection process.
It would be easiest for Form members to help you if you provided the image or a sample of the image that included the background you are trying to exclude.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

Back