What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll What are your favorite Photoshop video tutorials?

What are your favorite Photoshop video tutorials?

• Total Training

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gnomon

• FXphd

• Digital Tutors

• PhotoshopCafe

• Total voters

Yutosi

Power User
Obviously I can't list all the authors, so I'll just list the companies and have a choice for "other".

Please share what author you like and why you like them.

I personally like anything from Deke McClelland the best. He knows Photoshop better than anyone else I have seen and I like that his videos are fun and energetic. Usually he is doing something you could actually use in a real scenario also and that helps me to see applications for whatever he is teaching.

Deke all the way.... and I'm with Steve, his One on One series from Lynda.com is great.

As I have only used Bert Monroy, I can only vote for others, I have used YouTube videos, but Bert is pritty good :)

My favorite is Debbie does Photoshop..........:devilish:

I agree Deke on lynda.com and Steve too ;-)

random tuts on youtube r good

Howard Pinsky with IceflowStudios, I first found him on you tube when I got Photoshop a few months ago. I have trouble with following Videos & understanding what is being taught (My TBI) & Most if not 99% of the tutorials I have watched they talk to fast & that means I have to watch it several times & use the stop button so it will sink in lol Cant say that it sticks in my brain I never know what will & what will not BUT that why Bookmarks so nice!! The curent Tutorial of his I watching & trying to learn Is~~ Furry Text Effect In Photoshop it is on Youtube

With Lynda.com and Total Training on the list, there should absolutely be Video2Brain, which has much better content than either of the afore mentioned. That is especially true for a lot of the regulars on this forum who would learn little from most of the Lynda.com and TT tutorials. OK the Deke Mc One-on-One are better than the Essentials series, but even the advanced tutorial is short on eurika moments. V2B's advantage is even more noticable when you move into titles like Premiere Pro After Effects and InDesign.

I also note no mention of the TV Adobe http://tv.adobe.com/ I mean hey, these guys make the software, and have a pretty deep knowledge of it.

Then there are Scott Kelby and The Photoshop Guys. Scott has bought together some of the very best Photoshop educators like Corey Barker and Matt Kowalski, and merged them into a one stop center of excellence.

For up to date latest news on all things Adobe, the Adobe Blogs are king. Or perhaps I should say queen, because the Julieanne Kost blog is top of the heap

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/

(This is probably more relevant to Creative Cloud subscribers than folk using old versions of PS.)

Twirl back the above URL to http://blogs.adobe.com/ and you can have a fine old time searching through the dozens of blogs. John Nack and Jeff Tranberry are not to be missed, but JK is the most prolific writer.

Lots more free stuff out there. If you have an iPad then you'll find a stack of Adobe epub titles you can read in full colour. I tend to load up my iPad before long air flights. That ten hour battery life makes for a lot of learning.

Back