What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exporting Flash file as Quicktime movie

stick42

\:/ This is wracking my brain...maybe someone can tell me what's up. I'm working on a Flash project in Flash MX 2004. As I complete a section, I want to send the customer a quicktime movie to show my progress. When I go to export the file, I keep getting an error message saying my version of Quicktime does not have a "handler" for this type of Flash movie. I should say that this project as action-scripting in it....could that have something to do with it? I also have Quicktime 7.03...do I need to upgrade to Quicktime Pro? And lastly, I can only open these Flash files in Flash MX 2004...could that have something to do with it and I need to upgrade my version of Flash? I tried saving the file down as a Flash MX file THEN, try to export it to Quicktime and I got the same error...any suggestions would be appreciated. [excited]

I suspect you may need QT pro for this. I believe QT7 is not much more than a stripped down viewer However what you may try is saving as a projector. Your customer will be able to open it as that.

Back