What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controlling Flash file playback?

stefanthaarup

Hi guys

I just started using Adobe Flash (Pro CS6) a few days ago. Now I've got an acute problem that I really hope you guys can help me out with!

So I promised my boss to create a Flash animation for a presentation that she's giving tomorrow. It's a human heart that assembles itself part by part. I want my boss to be able to control the animation via simple mouse clicks or similar, so that she can play it step by step while narrating. I figured the easiest way would be to save each step as a separate file and paste each file on a Powerpoint slide (using iSpring Pro 7) but I can't seem to make that work properly.

I really need an alternative method but I'm pretty lost here - is it possible to create one large Flash file containing all steps of the animation with the option of controlling the playback via one simple click?

Thanks in advance
Stefan Thaarup, Denmark​

Hoogle

Guru
Yes it is possible however I am not sure what the purpose is for ie are you going to be doing whole presentation in an internet browser or embed it into powerpoint. I ask because I have no idea of what powerpoints abilities are when it comes to flash.

As for a flash file you will need to create a time line with tags or keyframes and use mouse click listeners (meaning you will need a physical button in your presentation that will listen for a mouse click using action script). You will need to put the markers/tags/keyframes on your time line with a mouse click event on a button that when clicked it will execute a command goto and play() and at the end of an animation section have a stop () event which will pause the animation after for example 10 frames then repeat this process for each section where you would like it to stop and wait for user input. cant tell you the exact method of the top of my head as I have not used flash in over a year because now we do it via jquery and using adobe edge animate.

stefanthaarup

My initial idea was to embed each .swf into Powerpoint but that didn't work due to plugin issues. So instead I just created one big file which I hope to be able to control somehow... It just plays through the whole thing, of course, which is a problem. I might look into the whole mouse/key listener thing, but it just seems pretty complex for a Flash newbie and I'm short on time...

Thanks for your response...