What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My colorization for today Feb 8-Old BW to Color-all with B&W Adjustment layer

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I think I a getting a bit better at this. Practice is the key I believe. Here is an old B&W retrieved from the Library of Congress archives taken back in the 1930's.
I did every colorization using the B&W Adjustment layer. Open the image and convert to RGB color. Apply the BW Adj layer for each area you want to color. Open the layer and check Tint, then you can proceed to select or build your color by clicking on the default swatch. Then apply a layer mask, invert (Ctrl I) and paint in the area you want with white to expose your color. Comments please.
Counting Logs.JPG
Code:
[CODE][CODE][CODE][CODE][CODE][CODE][CODE][CODE][CODE]
[/CODE][/CODE][/CODE][/CODE][/CODE][/CODE][/CODE][/CODE][/CODE]
Counting Logs BW.JPG

Really nice effort mate, some areas do need a little help, but i guess you know that.

Yes Paul, lots of guesswork involved here as to exactly what these colors should be. It was still a lot of work to try and get all those background details to look half way right. Thanks.
Really nice effort mate, some areas do need a little help, but i guess you know that.

Back