What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glowing Fist Photomanipulation

CL3

Glowing Fist Effect That i tried pleased with the final result the first two are my personal favourite and i feel went best. Learned alot about using the brush tool and how little is less and using different settings. Any comments or constructive criticism please.

Boxer 1.jpg

Boxer 2.jpg

Praying Muai Thai Fighter 1.jpg

Praying Muai Thai Fighter 2.jpg

Muhammed Ali 1.jpg

Muhammed Ali 2.jpg

Micheal Bisping 0.jpg

Micheal Bisping 5.jpg

Not a bad start. I would suggest that you add the 'effects' on top of the hands/gloves too. This will make it look less cutout and cartoon-ish (unless that's what you're going for). Also it looks like you've just used solid colors to paint over the photographs, try experimenting with opacity and different blend modes to give you better results (If the white flares were actually sparks or something similar they would be translucent).

Keep at it!

Hey CL3, looks good!

I agree with RT.

What I noticed was the harsh white line/layer below and or in between the brushed colors that really detracts from the effect.

MB_01.png

You might try a softer transition here so this line is not so hard.

Hey CL3, looks good!

I agree with RT.

What I noticed was the harsh white line/layer below and or in between the brushed colors that really detracts from the effect.

View attachment 32029

You might try a softer transition here so this line is not so hard.

Thanks for the advice, yeah i see what you mean on the last one the tutorial i followed had that effect in it so tried to add that the last picture im least pleased with it does not blend in to well.

Put gonna keep at as usual !

It looks very much like the images have been over layered with street fighter effects, but the Super Nintendo version!

Back