What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Request] School Task

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnestort

Good day fellow people!
I had a school task to pose on the beach with the help of Photoshop. The other day, my teacher gave me response on the completion but told me that it wasn't sufficient to reach full grade, why?

"You're standing in the air."
"It doesn't entirely looks like you're standing on the beach. Light/shadow etc."

So I was wondering if anyone can give me tips or help me out to edit/fix these small issues so that I can learn and furhter complete the task!

Me posing: (I know it's a horribly amateurly taken picture. But I was in a hurry!)
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/751/imag0023qy.jpg

The beach:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9076/a539123c2f786ed061562a6.jpg

My attempt (that my teacher responded to!)
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5330/fransbakgrundredigerad1.jpg

Very many thanks for any tips or help!

/Valdo

well, you dont blend in well..
first, your shoes would dig a bit into the sand,
you dont have a shadow,
the umbrella should make shadow on you too,
contrast, whitebalance, etc. are completely different.

start with moving yourself a bit down, and burring your feet a bit in the sand maybe.

The difference in sharpness / noise in the background is fighting you , along with the blending

Hi,

Here are some of my observations. The photo of you was taken indoors in low light, the beach scene lighting is much brighter. To save yourself some heavy work, retake your photo outdoors in similar light conditions (directions).

You are not casting a shadow yourself. Highlight the extracted layer of yourself and command click it's thumbnail, make a new layer and highlight, and then fill with black. Go to edit, transform, and use skew, distort, and warp to lay the shadow down in a realistic manner. Finally, go to Filter, blur, Gaussian Blur, and blur the shadow to match the umbrellas shadow.

As Valravn stated, use the content aware tool and/or Clone tool to "imprint" your feet in the sand.

Also as Valravn stated, the umbrella would cast a shadow onto you. In the photo below, you can estimate about what portion of your upper body would be in shadow.

UmbShad.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited:
not really.. also a problem, the angles from which are shot are different..
hard to fix that, i'd reshoot if you have time.
in daylight, and from farther away. also if possible, not with a phone..

its too late to change the picture :(
but as i said

the requirements are LOW and I almost reached full grade with the first picture i showed, regardless of it's suckage :p

HUGE thanks to you IamSam!

anyone wanna try to fix the picture for me to show me? i aint getting nowhere..

and now without the trollface :)
i wanna get the picture into photoshop mnan

yeh i get it, more realistic, especially the shoes

i appreciate the help

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, I show you how to do it, not do it for you..

what i did, after what you have done: mask with diagonal gradient over person, for umbrella shadow (brightness contrast on both halves seperately). abused the smudge tool tu put sand on your shoes in a quick dirty way.
made a copy of person, filled the shilhuette with color from umbrella shadow, free transformed it to fit, blured it a bit.

thats it. you can do that too

no i dont wanna learn photoshop
i just want my grades cause it's the only subject i have issues getting full grades in

thanks for all the help,

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with those grades when the BOSS calls.............:clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back