What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone who can help me with this effect?

Looks like a displacement filter. Not sure, though. Look up a tutorial on those, they're hard to explain.

I would add that a pattern overlay also seems involved. I agree on the displacement map idea, though there are other ways to add the jitter.

I think you guys are right on the filters, one of the distort filters, maybe even like twirl to a minimum degree. But glass or ocean ripple are good suggestions SCTRWD.

1.png

Done using a displacement filter. Basically with the default settings and not the best of resource images for it. I'm almost 100% sure it's a displacement filter.

I like that Bane. I thought that would work fairly well. Now I think if you added another distort filter, possibly just to some letters rasterized on their own layer, you could get even more satisfactory results. Maybe, lol.I tried some other distort filters, zig-zag, wave, and twirl.

Here's what I did to dress it up a bit. Added to the h to make it more visible with paint brush and easer to make the blank lines.

distort.jpg

I know the simpler version is what the OP was aiming for I think, but I couldn't resist "gilding the lily" a bit.

Last edited:
I tried another technique. Just got a picture of lines, which would work better if you just made them the distance apart and thickness you want. Then I warped the lines layer and placed it over the text and deleted to the line warp shape. This is what I got in a very rough form. But I think done with time and care, you could use a similar method to recreate the effect. Oh, in fooling around with filters I made the text a grey, duplicated it on linear burn, but it probably didn't get quite black. Well, I tried.

WARPED.jpg

I'll give this another go after my ball game goes off, see if I can perfect this method and then give you the steps. :)

That second one is producing some good results, Clare. You may have something with that one, if you found a line stock where the lines are more tight together. I think you're right about the motion blur, it does look like there could possibly be some.

Thanks Bane. If I wanted to do this, I would create my own pattern with the pen tool. This line pattern was off the net and I used the not so perfect select color range highlights. So it is sloppy. But making your own would be sharp, clean, and as tight as you want. And it's easy to do by making a few lines, duplicating several times and merging all. I might try it later, but I'm kinda pressed for time at the moment.

Back