What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flyer Printing

Nathaniel-WoLvEz

Hello PSGURU's!

Basically, Recently - due to our previous web developer leaving, I have been given a promotion and pay rise - during the conversation with my boss he told me that the price he pays for out sourceing a person to design a leaflet... My mouth hit the floor, I knew it was expensive, but damn.

All the guy was doing was putting a colour on the background, our logo on every page and then listing the products, so he was given all the information... he literally arranged it.

During this conversation I made him aware I would be more then capable of doing such a job - for a much lesser fee... Just some extra wages ;).

So after that WHOLE uneccassary explanation, my original question is - can someone reccomend a couple flyer printing printers?

We are going to purchase a printer and do it all ourselves. It needs to print A4 and A5. I am going to do some research myself, but being my first "printing" project I am just seeking some advice.

Im aware Im going to need to look into paper etc... but for now a printer is my start. budget aroun £800 or less.

Thanks for any help!

They will be brochures/flyers. Image heavy - We sell High performance car parts - It will be like a "product release/Product available" type of thing.

The link below will take you to one of our pages, at the bottom there is a "virtual" flyer - This is the sort of thing we will want to print.

Linky Link!

With a budget of £800 , I would suggest a Laser Printer. Here's a review of a few models... printers.toptenreviews.com/laser/ .

But if your boss can add a bit more to his budget, get a Large format printer ... starting from the HP Designjet Z2100 . It will be invaluable in the long run most especially if you decide to print larger formats..... http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/large-format-printers/designjet-printers/graphics-printers.html

It doesn't have to be an HP.

I kinda disagree with the laser printer. I have an Epson 1430 with a continuous ink system. Beautiful output and very very economical to operate. I bought it from Cobra Ink systems and have been printing positives for t-shirts with the same tank of black ink since last fall. With the volume your intending to print, suggest you further impress your boss by saving him some $$$$.

Back