What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When typing and press enter the type tool deactivate and i have click for new layer

kingot

Hi,
Please when i am typing with the type tool and when i get to the edge of the document window
and hit enter key it does not continue....and i have to click and start a new layer but i want to type it in the same layer without creating new layer for maybe three line of text.

Any help please

Thanks
Clement

Re: When typing and press enter the type tool deactivate and i have click for new lay

Normally, hitting the keypad enter key will end typing.
The larger 'Return' key on the main keyboard should take you to a new line.

Regards.
MrTom.

Re: When typing and press enter the type tool deactivate and i have click for new lay

Also try this.

If your on a laptop, sometimes the function key "Fn" is required to get a return.

Also......

Open your Character Panel and click on the flyout menu.

Screen Shot 2014-07-19 at 9.18.13 PM copy.png

And make sure "no break" is NOT selected.

Screen Shot 2014-07-19 at 9.18.22 PM copy.png

If the previous two suggestions don't work, try resetting the Type Tool.
With your Type Tool selected........

1. Open the Tool preset picker....
2. Click the gear icon....
3. Click reset tool.

Screen Shot 2014-07-19 at 9.26.08 PM copy.png

Hi,
I've tried all the techniques but not working for me. Any help please

Thanks

Try resetting your preferences.

This is how to reset your preferences in Photoshop: Press-and-hold Command-Option-Shift on a Mac or Ctrl-Alt-Shift on a PC, while you start Photoshop. As you start the program you will get a pop-up dialog asking you if you would like to delete the settings file. Deleting the file will create a new set of preferences from scratch.

You may want to save a back-up of the prefs file before resetting, just in case it doesn't solve your problem.

Regards.
MrTom.

Back