What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with recreating a certain effect.

TheSacredSoul

richard-karstrom.jpg

youlike.jpg

First of all, I am a Photoshop newbie. First time using it in fact. I am trying to recreate this effect. I cant seem to to make it appear like its going back. It's just shrinking from big to small, from left to right. If anyone could post step-by-step instructions or could point me to a youtube video, I would be forever grateful. Thank you!

Looiking at it, you have to line up the elements using what is called the one-point perspective. In a One point Perspective, the imaginary lines converge at a distant point called the vanishing point.

That said , you have to line up each element of each plane in the imaginary line to create the illusion of a tunnel. The image I included shows you what I mean....

View attachment 11924

Hope this helps you along.....

Looiking at it, you have to line up the elements using what is called the one-point perspective. In a One point Perspective, the imaginary lines converge at a distant point called the vanishing point.

That said , you have to line up each element of each plane in the imaginary line to create the illusion of a tunnel. The image I included shows you what I mean....

View attachment 11924

Hope this helps you along.....

Thanks for the reply but how do I apply it in Photoshop? It looks like a simple effect but it's really difficult to replicate it:neutral:

I deduce you duplicated a flattened frame and transformed the entire layer . If this is the case it may not work.

If the elements of the frame where grouped and you shrank it down, it is matter of moving each element to its respective place on the imaginary line.

To create the Vanishing Point Perspective, use the line tool or fine point Pencil tool. On a new layerabove your first frame, select your vanishing point, and from there draw a straight line from that point to say the lower left corner of the facebook menu. You this by clicking the point, Hold down Shift and click the second point - it will create a straight line. Repeat to create the other guides - from VP to point in an element of the first frame.

I deduce you duplicated a flattened frame and transformed the entire layer . If this is the case it may not work.

If the elements of the frame where grouped and you shrank it down, it is matter of moving each element to its respective place on the imaginary line.

To create the Vanishing Point Perspective, use the line tool or fine point Pencil tool. On a new layerabove your first frame, select your vanishing point, and from there draw a straight line from that point to say the lower left corner of the facebook menu. You this by clicking the point, Hold down Shift and click the second point - it will create a straight line. Repeat to create the other guides - from VP to point in an element of the first frame.

Thanks. I just tried it. Cant get it to work for the life of me. Ugh. It's so frustrating.

Your image is the second one is it? What if you try moving your vanishing point higher and more to the left and adding an object like the man inside the "tunnel"?

Nope, I found both pics online. I'd be happy if I got the same effect as any one of them.

What I did with my image is open the image in PS, right-click 'Background' under Layers on the bottom right, 'Duplicate Layer', right click the duplicate layer and hit 'Free Transform' and then hold shift and resize it. Then I create duplicate from the original and redo everything again.

Alright I gave it one last shot and it turned out rather well. But it still needs some fine-tuning to be aligned perfectly. I uploaded the .PSD to mediafire. Would really appreciate it if someone could give it some final touches and make it more symmetrical. Also, one other problem I faced is when I upload it onto Facebook, the first image, the one right behind the profile pic, is misaligned. Only a part of the face could be seen. Anyway, here is the link to the psd. Any help is greatly appreciated! And feel free to add even more layers if you wish :thumbsup:

test2.psd

Just make multiple copies of the same image then make each copy smaller using the drag anchor point inwards slightly, you could even angle them individually so as to create a vortex type of effect.

Just make multiple copies of the same image then make each copy smaller using the drag anchor point inwards slightly, you could even angle them individually so as to create a vortex type of effect.

I've been trying to align them perfectly like in this picture. It always turns out misaligned somehow.

richard-karstrom.jpg

Feather each copy after the top one that might take the eye away from any slight worries.

Load up his picture hold down control + R to bring up you rulers and draw a guide line on the left with a straight line on his image so the edge and do the same for the right and then do 1 for top and 1 for bottom and repeat this for as many times you want the image duplicated then load your image on top of his and just hold Shift + Alt whilst resizing it theat way it contracts from the center and line the edges up with the guide.

Load up his picture hold down control + R to bring up you rulers and draw a guide line on the left with a straight line on his image so the edge and do the same for the right and then do 1 for top and 1 for bottom and repeat this for as many times you want the image duplicated then load your image on top of his and just hold Shift + Alt whilst resizing it theat way it contracts from the center and line the edges up with the guide.

Thanks for the idea. I still couldnt do it. Cant figure out which is the new picture. I am going round in circles lol. Will try again.

I sorta managed to do it but it still looks strange.

6593537555_55c6cfc055_b.jpg

when compared to

youlike.jpg

The profile pic doesnt line up properly. No idea what I am doing wrong.

It is a nice effect maybe on your first duplicate you could go to blending options and add a 0.5 bright pink stroke to it so then you will be able to see the edges clearer if that makes sense and then when it is done you just delete the stroke.

Back