What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodCamera Logo Paid $500 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifhamkhan

Banned
This shows, how people jeolous of others lol :p

Attachments

• gc.png
    gc.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I'm sure I've seen that font before. For that amount of money, I would have done my own, and I think the "G" looks like a "C i". Maybe I'm looking at it funny. People that get work done here get more than their moneys worth in my opinion, and it is after all, down to the customer as to how the logo will look. Even though they have little to no graphic design knowledge, they have an idea they think is good, and all the designer can do it make their idea. Maybe everyone will be as good as you and mix blue with grey.

This website is primarily a place for people to learn and discuss Photoshop, so people can become good at logo design and photo editing, not to be told they lack creativity, and shown a logo that looks like a camera from the seventies and text. Then when I look at the rest of your logos, I find more text using the fonts other people have made, and logos that use or look very much like existing logos. I think you are over selling yourself on the creativity front.

People can see real examples of good logos everyday, just by going on google, facebook, etc. So if you are going to criticize, at least make it a bit more constructive than trying to show off how good you are.

I clicked your link and to be honest i see nothing inspirational there, just more of what is already out there.

Well, ifhamkhan I certainly do not see anything that Illustrator has to offer in the above logo. And its creativity is questionable. Seriously, where is it creative to take a few characters and place one inside the other, and change the color of one word from another as the two transition into each other. Actually there is no transition here. Transition is where one seems to end gracefully at the same position that another begins. That logo brought $500? If that is true, then I can see why business owners are going the "Build your own website" route. It is much cheaper. One question though. I clicked on the image to see it full screen, and why on earth is that logo 2000 x 2000 pixels? The actual artwork dimensions are maybe 600x150, and I'm just taking a guess here. I could load it up in any of my editors to find out. Does document dimension size figure into the cost equation of your work? Oh and you might want to rethink the charcoal bg color with near black text. One thing most graphic designer's know is the importance between contrast and highlight balance in color.

Last edited:
This guy as grated my feet with the attitude on entry here.
The 'logo' entered is very weak, i don't do this stuff as i find it boring, but even i can do a straight cut.
All in Photoshop, illustrator should be the way to go, but i had to post this for all newbies out there it can be done better always,
now watch someone come and better mine:mrgreen:

bobs.jpg

All in it cost me all of 20 minutes time, cost to you if you want it NADA/FREE:mrgreen:

I dabbeled around in logo design for a while using corel draw as the vector software. and made some faily decent designs while learning, Now i'm not going to post something(a logo)here, but just wanted to add something wether it's releveant i'm not sure...

I normaly do not get into slateing some one or giving bad comments about peoples work especialy when i am not capable of creating it my self, i leave others to do that...But from the experiance and feed back i got from Pro designers in this field when learning Logo design was emence..

The Logo submitted is quite poor... looks out of date, no proper color scheme. looks very generic( think that's the right word )..and in no way UNIQUE..

I took a look at the web site and agree with all the other comments above...I could only find logos that you probably would find and buy off somewhere like Shutterstock or that...for little money..

If you think creativity is not playing with text, then I am sure you are still living in the old age. Don't you know typography and color combination is the most important factor in logo designing. And if you are talking about contrast than I have hard belief that you are a graphic designer not a logo designer. And oh my god, people are scratching of the showcase image. Ohh my god, again I have to clear that the logo which we provide to client is depends upon the client requirement. Well after posting here I am get to know that how jelous people are here with basic knowledge in Logo designing at least.

This guy as grated my feet with the attitude on entry here.
The 'logo' entered is very weak, i don't do this stuff as i find it boring, but even i can do a straight cut.
All in Photoshop, illustrator should be the way to go, but i had to post this for all newbies out there it can be done better always,
now watch someone come and better mine:mrgreen:

View attachment 22614

All in it cost me all of 20 minutes time, cost to you if you want it NADA/FREE:mrgreen:

Ahaaaaa! You mean adding Emboss effect is logo designing. Lol better learn typography and alignment.

I dabbeled around in logo design for a while using corel draw as the vector software. and made some faily decent designs while learning, Now i'm not going to post something(a logo)here, but just wanted to add something wether it's releveant i'm not sure...

I normaly do not get into slateing some one or giving bad comments about peoples work especialy when i am not capable of creating it my self, i leave others to do that...But from the experiance and feed back i got from Pro designers in this field when learning Logo design was emence..

The Logo submitted is quite poor... looks out of date, no proper color scheme. looks very generic( think that's the right word )..and in no way UNIQUE..

I took a look at the web site and agree with all the other comments above...I could only find logos that you probably would find and buy off somewhere like Shutterstock or that...for little money..

I have serious doubt on your pro logo designer. The logo was approved by Raja sandhu. One of the best Logo designer and my best friend. If you say it lacks color combination. I would ask your pro logo designer, what is good then?

I clicked your link and to be honest i see nothing inspirational there, just more of what is already out there.

If you can show any of the designs like me, then I probably stop designing logos. And seriously I just stucked what exactly inspiration according to you?

I'm sure I've seen that font before. For that amount of money, I would have done my own, and I think the "G" looks like a "C i". Maybe I'm looking at it funny. People that get work done here get more than their moneys worth in my opinion, and it is after all, down to the customer as to how the logo will look. Even though they have little to no graphic design knowledge, they have an idea they think is good, and all the designer can do it make their idea. Maybe everyone will be as good as you and mix blue with grey.

This website is primarily a place for people to learn and discuss Photoshop, so people can become good at logo design and photo editing, not to be told they lack creativity, and shown a logo that looks like a camera from the seventies and text. Then when I look at the rest of your logos, I find more text using the fonts other people have made, and logos that use or look very much like existing logos. I think you are over selling yourself on the creativity front.

People can see real examples of good logos everyday, just by going on google, facebook, etc. So if you are going to criticize, at least make it a bit more constructive than trying to show off how good you are.

You mean, using free fonts is a bad practice in Logo designing? and if you can see the letter "CI" then I must say, I can see G and C as well. Might be your seeing power is different from others. Well its just a matter of fact. Different people different thinking. But I strongly believe don't compare graphic designing with logo designing, its far different from each other.

Anyway, I am doing my best and you are doing your best. Its all about hard work. And Yes I got $500 for this logo, Well Some of the designs are gone for $800. I thought people here are well aware of logo designs, but after posting I am sure its not the place for what I am looking for. I will let people know that one of the most amateur people I ever seen here. Who actually say adding emboss and shadow effect is logo designing. Even some has issue with the showcase result image lol :p its too funny

And I'm sure you would give us your definition of typography to add to the mass of other definitions of typography right? Graphic and web design is not so mystifying that everyone has to have their own definitions of staple phrases like typography, alignment, color theory etc. Creativity with text is all about forcing a message through without having to spell it out.

In logo design, there's the object logo and typography.

Creating a single, main object - the logo itself - could be a real challenge .

Using typography is easy to do and usually the easiest way to go for a designer. Sometimes, a big mistake.

Typography can also make a good logo . But it has to be unique , a good one . Good enough to create the brand recognition it needs just by sight alone without the main object - Coca Cola, Disney, Microsoft, Google, Davidoff , SONY . .... these are but a few of the world's top logos in type. TATA, Mahindra , patni ... you know these.

ifhamkhan .... your design was selected by the client and you were paid 500 for it, Good for you.

But as a member of a forum, you must take criticism in stride. What's the point of showing off your skills if you can't take a bit of negativity. Not everyone may agree to your design principles in the same way you may not agree with theirs. But in discussions like this, it should be a give and take situation.... not only ALL for your benefit.

Last edited:
Bottom line is share your work by all means showing off your work and basically saying no one here is as good as you is not the way to go.

I have sold work for for several hundred dollars even thousands and hated it but that is what the client wanted so that is what they got thats not my place to tell them otherwise.

So really saying look what someone paid $500 for means nothing to anyone because it is what the client wants then you can charge that.

I have seen people charge $20 for a logo on here and if the client went through you I am sure you would do the exact same job for $500

does not mean to say yours is better just you found someone willing to pay that price. It is easy to rip off people that dont have a clue is it a good way to run a business no.

be a bit more humble and you will fit in well here we cater for amateurs, pros and egotistical people who think they are better than everyone else. somewhere along the line we help all that need it even if criticism is needed on your work to bring your head back down to Earth so you can actually work on improving your work and decreasing the Ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back