What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybrid animals 1 - Frog & Snake

Look...... A SNOG!:mrgreen:

Really delightful. The only thing you've lost IMO is some of the gloss on the snake head and sharpness overall. Keep it up. :mrgreen:

Ha ha! VERY cool! Great concept!

The head does look a little grafted on though. Like it's not the same texture or lighting or something.

What's your general process to combine the two, at least at the beginning stages?

Do you combine the images in Photoshop in separate layers, and then sketch on a third layer on top of them?

OFC.

It looks to me as the head is a different resolution compared to the body, that may be throwing you off

@ibclare:
As the frog was blurry to start with (except the frogs head, but that was deleted) I blurred the snake/frog crossing area and also tempered a bit with the snake-color to get it a bit darker fitting the frog color.

@Oh for Chrissake!:
Correct, I now see that the snakelight is coming from the NorthWest and the froglight from the East.
I combine the two layers and then perform all kinds of actions to get to the point where I'm happy.
I mostly use:
- New layer in Color mode to correct coloring without losing detail.
- Erase & Draw with a pen and turning on Pressure-mode.

@iDad:
Indeed the resolution is a bit different. As Oh for Chrissake said the head and body seems a bit of. I just concentrated mostly on making a good as possible 'connection'.

Back