What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hope Wallpaper

Crotale

Power User
I m probably going to regret posting this, since it is my first piece of art since going through a recent significant change in my life. I wanted a project that was not too overly complicated but one I would put real thought into the design to make it unique while maintaining the subject matter's identity.

"It's not an S. On my world it means hope. "

I created this Hope wallpaper to celebrate the release (finally) of the Man of Steel movie. I made all the shapes and textures myself, including the suit pattern.

I am not looking for critiques, but I won't turn them away if offered up.

You may use this as your desktop if you like it. I have a larger 2560x1440 version available for those of you sporting huge monitors.

Enjoy!

hopewp1920.png

I like this. It's the sort of thing I would do. I always try to make everything I use myself.

The pattern is very cool, & the whole thing just shouts Superman. Nice job.

Might just make this my new desktop wallpaper, really well made good job :)

Thanks, and please do use if you wish.

I like this. It's the sort of thing I would do. I always try to make everything I use myself.

The pattern is very cool, & the whole thing just shouts Superman. Nice job.

Thanks. The official design on the suit in the movie reminds me of chain mail, so I went a small step further and gave this a more distinct chain mail appearance.

Crotale,

This is awesome stuff. Looks really great. My only suggestion is that, as it is apparently intended to be used as wallpaper, I think the human eye always and immediately wants symmetry for that type of thing, and the symbol is canted slightly downward on the left side.

You might consider having it level and centered.

Agent

Agent, thanks for the post. You're right, most users would want a leveled and centered image. That works well with an object placed on a consistent background or one that is very chaotic, but not so well on a repeating texture. Leveling and centering the image in this case would make it too sterile. It was an artistic decision made before I started the project to make the image more "alive."

Here is an image that works well leveled and centered: http://th06.deviantart.net/fs49/PRE/f/2009/188/7/5/Gears_of_War_Raptor_Team_Logo_by_Crotale.jpg

Back