What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The shephard

Thank you for sharing this composite with us Mag!

In the Graphic Design Showroom other members can only comment if you explicitly ask for them to comment your work.
This is a great way to learn and improve your work. (I had my share of comments)
So if you want to comment them on your work you will get respectful, polite, and constructive critiques.

If you want them to comment a simple 'please do comment' is enough.

I think you used 4 images to make this composite, a lake view, a gravel path, the shepherd and a flock of sheep.

You used a soft brush to brush away the end of the flock of sheep making remnants of the brushed away sheeps visible.

That transition needs to be crisp(er).

Here are some tutorials on how to use the select and mask tool: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=photoshop+select+and+mask

The shepherd is a bit to sharp compared to his environnement. Use gaussian blur to blur it a tiny bit so it blends in more natural.

These comments are meant to learn and improve your PS skills.

Please continue the good work and keep posting.

In addition to Eggy's comments, I would also adjust the colours of the sheep to be slightly warmer - the background image has a slightly golden light over the trees, where the sheep look kind of cool and green by comparison.

Otherwise a nice choice of images and a good overall composition. It just needs those final touches and tidying up to make it better.

Back