What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where the Helvetica is it?

Randy

I am looking for the Helvetica font in my Type options bar but it is not there. I have Georgia Ref, HM Phonetic, Haettenschweiler, then Impact. I am using PS7.01. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Randy

AppleCider

Power User
Randy, have you checked your font folder to see if Helvetica is still there? If it's there, does it show up in other applications? If it doesn't, you may have a corrupted font.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Helvetica is a Mac font (are you on a Mac? You didn't make that clear), so you'll have to go and find a PC version and install it (if you're on a PC). As far as i'm aware though, it's not a freeware/shareware font. You have to purchase it. Perhaps some of the Mac users in the house can back me up on that?

In case you aren't aware of it though... Helvetica is the Mac version of Arial (PC). There's very little difference to be concerned about. Just so's ya know that. ;)

Randy

Helvetica is not in my PC Font folder, but Arial is. So I guess I'm OK...
Would the Adobe Type Manager help me to install Helvetica somehow? I have ATM, I'm just not sure what it's for [innocent]
Thanks again,
-Randy

AppleCider

Power User
Mark, you're partially right :) Helvetica is a font that has long been automatically included in the Mac OS, but it's not strictly a Mac font. There are PC versions.

Randy, you don't need ATM to install a font; ATM is used to smooth out screen displays. Whether you need it or not depends on your OS. If you have Arial, that may be all you need unless you specifically must have Helvetica for a project. Arial was developed by Microsoft as a derivative of Helvetica. And no, it's not a free font; if you need it do a search at MyFonts.[/url[