What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Your Cat Pix Here

One more, my 10 year old Halloween Cat, Zooey, born late October. (more or less Halloween - orphan of exact DOB unkown) Napping in between mouse meals.

It is not so common to have a female yellow tiger, and she struts around as if she knows it. Don't bother her if she doesn't want attention, and be prepared for her to launch off your lap in the middle of giving it. Who knows . . . She's also a hunter of some renown and likes to follow us around the block. I have to discourage this as I have had more than one cat who died in traffic. Before I smartened up. Cute remarks around the neighborhood, but dangerous for the cats.

cloudy_cats_zoeey.jpg

As a kitten, as an image for my calendar one year.

BabyZoey.jpg

More from the calendar.

kittyCouple.jpg

Suki-on-Pillow.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, Clare - Did you make up those frames yourself? If so, you should make up a bunch like that and market them to the scrapbooking crowd. I bet you would have lots of buyers.

Sam - That's wild. I never heard of a house cat who would willingly get into the shower!

Sam - Sorry to hear about Murphy. I got my 1st cat (part Maine Coon) in grad school when he was abandoned by his mother, and like yours, was the constant companion to everyone in the family. After a really rough start (abandonment, got lost and spent a bitter cold winter in a desolate portion of upper NY state fending for himself, etc.), he settled down and lived to the ripe old age of 21. He saw marriages, was by the side of my father when he died, etc. They are great animals.

Chris - Beautiful pix, beautiful cats!

Foto - I'm glad to hear that your cat is doing well after the amputation. Isn't it amazing how resilient they are.

T

Cats make such wonderful subjects (especially when you want to try something out or are bored) ... so, which pix to post?
T

Can't agree more. Tho I'd constantly remind them... What would your lives be if we didn't pick you up?......

Here's a good example..... DICE .... a stray my wife my picked up at the market place as a kitty rummaging through discarded fish entrails. Look at him a few years later.....

Dice.jpg

AHHHHH... what a life. :)

A stray turned champion.... Here he is winning the best local cat category.... 2 years in a row. :cheesygrin:

DiceDaChamp2.jpg

What won the judges over ... Loving, extremely playful and with an attitude.... He examines the judges rather than the judges examining him. He grabbed one particular judge by the head, turn left, turn right... meows...... sniffs his mouth ... then sneezes.....

Some of you may remember this posted here before. Here it is again for those who haven't seen it......

Tho taken a few years ago, there's no change to the number of cats during feeding time... in fact, there's even more now.... :eek:

CatsDinner1.jpg

CatsDinner2.jpg

The above are those given permanent visas to stay with us. And not counting the ones in cages downstairs which are up for adoption..... :eek: :eek:

What to do? We're affiliated with the local SPCA. She is the cat person in the house and I'm a dog person. SPCA calls me now and then to handle problem dogs.... sort of like dog whisperer.....

Wow! That's a ton 'o' cats! Who has litter duty?

LOL... except for the occasional poop anywhere cat, they're trained to do business in 2 gigantic trays filled with beach sand outside the house replaced twice a day by whoever does it first or as required. We have a huge yard where most of them do their business. I have to set up a warning sign one day - MINE FIELD.... watch your step....

...If there is a good story behind your photo(s), don't hesitate to tell us about it.

Our cats are now 5 years old, but here's one from when we got them as kittens.

We visited a friend, a veterinarian, who had been looking for some nice kittens for us after our last cat died.

We took the brother (on the left) and sister (on the right) but left the cute calico in the middle for another friend who also wanted a cat. They are all doing great!

So, here's our first view of our future cats.

T

Tom what camera/settings did you use for this really nice clean and clear image mate?

I took that shot about 5 years ago using my old Nikon D200 @ ISO = 200 and 1/60th of a second.

The lens was my my old reliable giant 28-70/2.8 @ f/11, near the long end of it's range.

Lighting was a sb600 flash bounced somewhat towards the rear, at the ceiling of the completely white room, but with an extra little "kicker card" added to the flash.

RAW converted in Capture NX2 (...this was before PS improved ACR) and then polished off (ie, resized and sharpened for output) in whatever version of PS was current back then (...maybe cs3?). Output sharpening is a major concern of mine, and I almost never use PS's defaults, but I just don't have time to describe my process at the moment.

To be honest, one could probably substitute for just about everything in the above list with one exception: The lighting and light bouncing around the inside of the rather clinically white room is what really made the image. If the room had been painted any darker color, the only way to get such nice lighting would have been with 2 or 3 flash units, a softbox on at least one, etc.

T

I'm still trying to wrap my head around having that many cats, DV8. They all look supremely healthy so whatever you're doing it's working. :)

I have had as many as four (plus two dogs) and even then it seemed like I was always tripping over somebody.

Still...... if you lived near me I would come over just to be buried in cats. :thumbsup:

Tom, I did make those frames in PS, then exported everything to Powerpoint for arrangement of the photos and printing. I made a whole bunch of calendars for friends and family, and posted the entire calendar on my website (no longer up and running) when I had two businesses. I had thought about making the frames for crafters, but during the recession when my riches took a huge hit, I lost almost all but my home and my paid in full pickup truck. I didn't have the energy to spare and couldn't pay for the domain anymore. LOL, I have recovered now, but that was one of the lowest points in my lfe -- for three years.

Thanks for the info -- I can see lots of folks plunking down money to get them for their projects. Also, I'm very sorry to hear about the rough time you went through. I'm glad for you that it's over.

T

I'm still trying to wrap my head around having that many cats, DV8. They all look supremely healthy so whatever you're doing it's working. :)

I have had as many as four (plus two dogs) and even then it seemed like I was always tripping over somebody.

Still...... if you lived near me I would come over just to be buried in cats. :thumbsup:

Sierra......

I've received so many remarks like "I don't see the logic of why keep so many?" or "Why do people keep so much that they can't take care of them?"

They are healthy, as you could see ... I sometimes say they eat better than we do eating sometimes 4 times a day while I eat once.... :cheesygrin:. They're cat food's not the cheapie-cheapie variety- Science Diet, Eukanuba or either high end brands (we don't give Friskies or Whiskas) which we rotate every month. Not counting tin food, fresh fish (not flat fish) with rice and other cat goodies as well as vet bills. Same goes with our dogs.... And if anyone disappears, we search no end until found ... happily finding them after turning the entire neighborhood upside down.

Oh... I forgot to mention - we keep 5 chicken (not for slaughter), 9 goldfish. And at one time - 2 Monitor lizards, a phyton, a monkey and a slow loris rescued from the market place.... :eek:

What can I say?

:rofl:

A slow Loris, I've never seen one in person. How was it as a pet? They seem gentle and sweet, but I know looks are often deceiving.

You're right - looks can be deceiving. Slow and gentle as they are can move fast when it bites and could be rabid- not venomous but could cause a nasty infection. It was injured so we kept it for almost couple of months before we released it back in the wild with the help of a local naturist friend.

The monitor llizard was just as worse... lol ... Here's Vader when I brought him home after finding him catatonic in the middle of the hiway....

V'ger01.jpg

V'ger4.jpg

Back