What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe and iPad Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be appealing for some, mostly young kids and techno geeks at the moment, and in its current state without full functionality, it's just an expensive novelty for now.

in due time the iPad will take up just about all desktop performances. This is just the start

The pen:

You'll start with a good hearty breakfast.

You religiously follow the online install instructions which begin with the line, 'Your browser needs to be closed to continue installation'.
Once installed it'll intermittently work for 5 mins before an Adobe pop-up appears informing you that an 'Adobe Update is Available'.
Clicking this opens the 'Adobe Application Manager' which starts to download the update.
This update will fail because your version of 'Flash' needs updating due to a security issue.
Upon updating 'Flash' a PC 'restart' will be required.

Have Lunch.

On reboot Windows will announce that an 'Update is available' and will start downloading something, somewhere, hogging all your internet bandwidth.
The 'Adobe Application Manager' will also pop up again and will start downloading an 'Adobe Hardware Manager' update....this takes forever as Windows is dominating your internet connection.
The new updated 'Adobe Hardware Manager' will then also announce it has an update for the 'Pen' software available from the 'Adobe Website'.
This will fail as Windows is 'busy'.
When you finally get to the download page you'll find the 'Adobe Hardware Manager' update is only available via some 'Adobe Download Manager' which requires downloading and installing before you can continue....and you'll have to close your browser again too.
This download will take approx 1 afternoon.

Have Dinner.

Installing the 'Adobe Download Manager' will fail because your version of 'Flash' needs updating.
After several deep breaths and a large Gin and Tonic, (with ice and a slice of course), you proceed to search out 'an alternative' to get the 'Adobe Hardware Manager' update.
You find 'an alternative'...... its for a slightly different version but other 'users' have tried it so.........fingers crossed!
Several large G+T's later both of the 'Adobe Hardware Managers' you can see seem to have updated both of the 'Pens' software ok....you put it down to too much lemon in your G+T's and restart your PC in anticipation that its bound to need it soon anyway.
Kiss the wife and kids goodnight as they go up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire and brace yourself for burning the midnight oil.....you've still got the 'Ruler' to go yet!

The Ruler:
This actually looks like a cool idea!.......but.......
You religiously follow the online install instructions.....................

Regards.
MrTom.

PS. I am joking of course...............................you can't have too much lemon in your G+T.

I agree......................you can't have too much lemon in your G+T.

But you CAN have too much florescent green text in a post! LOL!! :rofl:

My eyes, my eyes! :shocked:

Sorry, I forget myself sometimes and well, ya know, I just really go for it regardless of the consequences.
Not enough G in my G+T.

Regards.

The pen:

.......................................]

Regards.
MrTom.

PS. I am joking of course...............................you can't have too much lemon in your G+T.

:rofl:

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap::yourock:

I'm seriously considering sending this to adobe, apple and yahoo ......

.... this will go viral ....... :rofl:

nah only windows users will :mrgreen::rofl:

tsk, tsk, tsk....

Let's see.... it's almost lunch or you've taken lunch or skipped lunch...... dinner's a few hours away......

Have Dinner.

After several deep breaths and a large Gin and Tonic, (with ice and a slice of course),
Kiss the wife and brace yourself for burning the midnight oil.....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back