What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #9

Vafann

Guru
omg, no it doesn't. In fact, it's very cool, "iced" as one of my fav fiction characters says. I'm glad you posted it. He makes a marvelous subject to play with. One suggestion based on what I would like to see (it's all about me you know LOL). Bring out the eyebrows more and cover yours, and maybe bring some more of that cheek and under eye red color up -- to give you that crazed look! You might even try a little liquify, maybe bloat tool on the eyes for yet more mad Vafann expression. :mrgreen:

Thank you so much again for your help Clare! I would like to go through every post here and comment, but since I am in another time zone, everything seems to be happening here while I´m asleep, and I wake up and take a look, and the whole place is flooded with new things, and I can´t catch up, I´m glad there is a "Like" button, but it´s not like a real comment, sorry guys. :)

Vafann

Guru
I'm rather new here and already I can see I was missing out on great people. I've always enjoyed helping others but finding a crowd of like minded people in one spot is a great feeling seeing you all help and encourage one another here. Thank you for making me feel welcome.

Thank you ibclare and "Paul" for your wonderful advice and encouragement. I am really happy to see everyone going in nose first with me. I originally posted my first help request here about this very same thing and later that evening "Paul" wrote up this challenge. Needless to say if he had not I would still be lost. The good is I'm learning something I've always wanted to do and having fun sharing the experience with new friends. I love this community already. You guys are all awesome. Thanks for the encouragement and support. I am going to play THIS time with warp and liquify ... *cringes* at liquify... I feel like I'm in school and you all are the..um school staff and administration helping the students along ensuring that they graduate. lol

OK back to work. Oh btw all the new entries AWESOME I see I'm not the only one trying this for the first time and seeing it's really fun to do. I honestly thought I'd have only one entry but now I am pushing the envelope... I like challenging myself and I don't feel alone anymore doing it.

Mel

Yes, it´s great isn´t Melissa? Everyone is so helpful, and you can really learn a lot here, with lots of really patient and wonderful teachers. :)

Vafann

Guru
My version of the Mad Hatter. Mack up was harder than I thought and I ended up using a mask layer to get the eyes to look better.
madhattera.jpg

Yes it was hard, I had really big problems with the eyes, along with everything else lol. You have done a good job though, but you seem to have had the same problems I had, it was so overpowering that it was hard to get anything merged with it, it took over. I tried masking the eye as well, but then it didn´t look much different from the original. It is a fun poster, but probably not the best for this kind of use. :)

Vafann

Guru
My first try at this. Glad someone pointed out this is just for the fun of it to help get a better feel for working with PS. Was not as had as I thought and might do another one. I liked teh Alice in Wonderland Vafann did.

publicenemieso.jpg

This is cool, if the face was a bit sharper, it would have looked almost real. :)

Vafann

Guru
I used a piece of a photo for my face and it was not very good. I'll either get better or use someone else (don't have many recent of me).

If I haden´t seen the before and after pictures, and someone just showed me this as a film poster, I wouldn´t have noticed anything wrong with it, except maybe that the face is a little blurry and that there is some faint grey line across the nose, that I could see after looking closer. I don´t know what movie that is, so it could have passed for real to me. :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi there Melissa :wave:

Attachments

• recruit_source1.jpg
    recruit_source1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 24
  • recruit_source2.jpg
    recruit_source2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 24
  • recruit.jpg
    recruit.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I wake up and take a look, and the whole place is flooded with new things, and I can´t catch up, I´m glad there is a "Like" button, but it´s not like a real comment, sorry guys. :)

I know what you mean and I'm sure plenty of others feel the same way. I wish there were a few more buttons: "that's hilarious" "really great work" "WOW" and so on!

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'd like to say I like it, but I for one do not know the movie, just not my genre. Would you edit your submission and include the "befores" that you used? I'd appreciate it. :D