What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 10: The Addition of Fractals & Bits n' Bobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one with different starter image. The big blob is a fractal modified. Topaz Simplify filter used.

Attachments

• Mother-of-Lightning.jpg
    Mother-of-Lightning.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Let me see. I think that firstly masked it, then Ctrl J for a new layer. Then use a BLACK & WHITE adjustment Layer. Click on Tint. Choose a red that suits you, probably needs to be close to 100% Red (R255). Then use a Multiply or Darken blend. You may have to adjust it some more with Hue Sat layer etc. (I really like that B&W Adj as you have a lot of control over which colors you want). That image had a dark cast to the rose in her hair to begin with, so I'm sure I just adjusted until I got what I wanted. No set method.

THANKS MATE , DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE TINT BLACK AND WHITE OPTION , MUCH EASIER , I WAS HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE RIGHT COLOR NOW ITS A WHOLE NEW BALL GAME

IVE ONLY BEEN PHOTOSHOPPING ABOUT 3-4 MONTHS I THINK , VERY BUSY LEARNING BUT IM GETTING THERE

i think this will be my entry

PERFECT! I really like it! The only thing I'm a little uncomfortable with is the outer frame. The simple black frame would do the job and look better I think.

Last edited:
Yes, I think that B&W adjustment is a great tool and I believe it probably helped me with my colors as much as anything I discovered in the process. It's kind of misleading as it gives you the idea that it only works with black and white. You can use it for skin color also. When doing a face, I mask various sections of the face based on the lighting, make a new layer and then use that to set the color. I use a CMYK mix of C15-M-30-Y-33-K-0 and slight variations of same. You should also learn to use the Selective Color adjustment also.
Let me see. I think that firstly masked it, then Ctrl J for a new layer. Then use a BLACK & WHITE adjustment Layer. Click on Tint. Choose a red that suits you, probably needs to be close to 100% Red (R255). Then use a Multiply or Darken blend. You may have to adjust it some more with Hue Sat layer etc. (I really like that B&W Adj as you have a lot of control over which colors you want). That image had a dark cast to the rose in her hair to begin with, so I'm sure I just adjusted until I got what I wanted. No set method.

THANKS MATE , DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE TINT BLACK AND WHITE OPTION , MUCH EASIER , I WAS HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE RIGHT COLOR NOW ITS A WHOLE NEW BALL GAME

IVE ONLY BEEN PHOTOSHOPPING ABOUT 3-4 MONTHS I THINK , VERY BUSY LEARNING BUT IM GETTING THERE

Thanks for what?

Hmmmm, I'm I being hit from the blind side here?:rofl:

Hahaha..he was thanking me for the tip I gave him about removing the outer frame on his submission. Mind reading is not my strong suit either LOL!
Hmmmm, I'm I being hit from the blind side here?:rofl:

Hey guys! I didn't realize that the time i put for this contest was a month hahaha! i'm going to be calling this challenge to an end instead this Friday (May 17th) ^_^ Thanks for all the submissions!! You all are doing great work!! Keep em' comin!!!

hahahaha Silly idad! you're meets the qualifications though, fractals and 3 items in it ^_^ go you! lol

I'm an old fart,what does "^_^ go you!" mean?:banghead:

i think im finished except i dont have confirmation cracks are part of the three items

added a rose earring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back