What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A collage of our dogs, for my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonD

G'day all ;)

I have downloaded CS6 (1,1GB, took me 2 days, on this slow slow slow internet :banghead:) and installed it. It is very clear to me that you need advanced education in this area, and I don't have that and it will take me months to become a beginner in the first place (I have read some tutorials on the web, only to realize that they already assume so much basic knowledge that it would be an extremely long process for me to learn myself even to be able to do something extremely simple. And simple it is, probably a matter of minutes for all the Photoshop gurus.

Wat I want is collage of all our dogs, as a present for my wife to set as the startup image when she boots on her PC. The background is this:
  1. We have had Rottweilers since 1985. We simply adore this breed (so intelligent, so sweet, so brave, such babies with a big mouth; don't get me started :)), I have trained them for our military (special forces over here use Rottweilers), I have saved many Rottweilers an ugly death in the animal shelter by adopting them, and I have even travelled to many countries at my own expense (me in my old diesel :)) to assist people who needed a problematic Rottweiler to be retrained. Retraining always was: training them to become big cuddly bears who only care about watching TV, eating food and giving 'mommy kisses (so, get rid of the aggression and wrong behavior). Yes, I think I can say that aside from my wife, Rottweilers are the love of my life :)
  2. Of course, over the years, many of them have died from old age (and, unfortunately, many also from cancer. The horrors).
  3. Of all these dogs, my wife has had two 'great loves'; her first puppy, back in '85, who died at the age of 11, and now, our oldest boy, who is 11,5 years old and has terminal cancer (he has had surgery where the university removed a part of his anus, yet still, it has spreaded to his lungs and is no longer treatable). She is looking extremely up again his soon to be departure to the rainbow bridge; it causes her a lot of stress, bad eating and sleeping, and nervosity; she is scared to loose her second big love.

What I wanted to make for her but can not do due to the learning curve of Photoshop, and hence turn to you for now, is a collage of all our dogs. I was thinking along the lines of having both her greatest loves in the middle, and all the other Rottweilers in a circle around that. I have attached a simple sketch made in W7/Paint to illustrate what I mean. Now, I have many pictures, but of course backgrounds and colors differ from photo to photo. It would be nice if the colors would 'flow' in to eachother, so it really looks nice.

I have no clue what I should pay for this. I am hoping somebody wants to help me out because I really want to do my wife that favor; I am sure that it will make her very happy to see all her boys and girls in a nice collage. I understand that nothing is for free in life, so that I will have to pay for it. I am by no means rich, I will pay for it from my savings, and I am hoping this could be done for a fair price.
Example_collage_our_Rottweilers.png
I am looking forward to your reply,

Thank you very much in advance,

Bye :)

Welcome Von D.

Visit our Freelance posting guidelines to get an idea of how much the charges may be. http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...-posting-freelance-job-please-read-first.html

Please supply us with more information as to the number of dogs you intend for the image as well as the size of the image you require.

Give us an idea on what budget you have for this project. I reckon you may have to negotiate with our freelancers depending on how intricate the final image may be, The freelancers will post their interest to do the job here and eventually contact you via PM .

Greetings VonD and welcome to PSG forums. There are many members here who can create what you need, so I'm sure you will find services for a reasonable price.
I personally do not discuss pricing in public, but I will PM you and we can further discuss your project and pricing if you wish.

Best,
Chris

Welcome Von D.

Visit our Freelance posting guidelines to get an idea of how much the charges may be.

Please supply us with more information as to the number of dogs you intend for the image as well as the size of the image you require.

Give us an idea on what budget you have for this project. I reckon you may have to negotiate with our freelancers depending on how intricate the final image may be, The freelancers will post their interest to do the job here and eventually contact you via PM .

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

It will be around 10 Rottweilers, there were many more but they were 'sleeping' over during their training here after which I could replace them. I want to focus on the ones that slept on her feet at night, the ones that called her 'mummie' without hesitation :)

I have no idea about budget. I am not a rich man, I only see a woman in pain because she will loose her second 'great love' (I have always came after the Rottweilers and 'mummy', that is something both the Rottweilers ('the kids') and my wife agreed upon (eve 'though I know my wife loves me very, very much).

The resolution? Well, ultimately, depending on what the collage will be, she might even want it to be big on the wall, so printed. I will deliver most pics in high res (Canon EOS 400D), although for her first big boy, this was back in the eighties, so that won't be high-res.

Thanks again :)

To the artists who have replied: thank you. I've replied to you via PM that I have tricked my wife into going through our pictures to find the pictures she loves most. That way the collage will really be what *she* likes, not what I like :)

I will contact you when she has selected the pictures.

Thanks again very much for helping me out with this :)

Bye,

H, Von.

I'm sure you've received PMs from inteested parties by now.

As a reminder, please entertain those who have replied in this thread. This is to ensure that ONLY qualified PSG freelancers will serve and do their best to do the job.

I'm certain that you will be able to negotiate a fair budget as well as discuss your needs to get the job done.

Have a productive time.

Hi VonD, I´m also interested in helping you with this project :) looking forward to working with you and creating that lovely collage for your wife :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back