What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New bie need help in CS5 with editing image in layer

apilon47

Good afternoon all,

I am a very new photoshop user and need your help

I have downloaded a .psd file that i need to edit to customize it ....I managed to find how to edit and change text layer but there is some logo image that i need to replace and cannot figure out how.

These logo are layers and what i need to do is to import my logo saved in .psd into that directory and have them replaced the current one

not sure if i am clear but just in case you can download the file at 3w dot refreshf5 dot com slash avsforum slash theater_sign dot zip

Thank you for your help

Alain

Want to try that again,? I do not understand your request.

Open both your logo and the psd file you are trying to import your logo into Photoshop. Right-click on your logo and choose Duplicate Layer... then choose the document you want to place your logo into and it will be copied to that document. You might need to move it or change the layer order, but that's hard to help you with before seeing the file.

Ok i figured i would not be clear .......don't know if you have downloaded the file but here is what i want to do

in the .psd file there is some logo like Yamaha Klipsch ect, they are layer.......what i want to do is replace the yamaha logo by the Onkyo logo which i have downloaded from a website in a .psd format.

what i do not know is how to first upload or import the onkyo logo into my file project and how to edit the layer to replace the yamaha logo with the Onkyo one

Am i making more sense ?

Alain

Follow my directions above to get the new logo into the image, then either delete the layer of the logo you are replacing or click the "eye" icon next to the layer to toggle it's visibility and hide it. Move/resize/rotate the new logo to get it to fit into the image properly.

Thanks for your reply i will give it a try

if you want to saee the file here is the path to the file

you can download the file at 3w dot refreshf5 dot com slash avsforum slash theater_sign dot zip

Follow my directions above to get the new logo into the image, then either delete the layer of the logo you are replacing or click the "eye" icon next to the layer to toggle it's visibility and hide it. Move/resize/rotate the new logo to get it to fit into the image properly.

Followed your instruction and was able to load my logo to my project files but it is not appearing at the right spot when i try to click on it to move it here is the message i am receiving

Could not select a layer because the point you clicked on is not inside the vector mask of a visible layer

How to i go around that error

Ok it sounds like your logo layer has a mask on it. In the layers palette, select the main layer and not the layer mask (it's the icon on the left and the mask is the icon on the right) and then use the Move Tool (press v on your keyboard to choose this tool) to move it.

If you still have trouble upload the PSD file here as an attachment and we can take a look.

Ok it sounds like your logo layer has a mask on it. In the layers palette, select the main layer and not the layer mask (it's the icon on the left and the mask is the icon on the right) and then use the Move Tool (press v on your keyboard to choose this tool) to move it.

If you still have trouble upload the PSD file here as an attachment and we can take a look.

Thanks a lot for your help it worked and now my logo are in and on the right spot

Final question if i may. Is there a way to get the background of a layer transparent so only the working would be seen and not the white square around it ?

Yes, but it's hard to describe the best way to do it without seeing the image.

Most of the time the best way to do it is to use a layer mask. To make one just click on the "Add a pixel mask" in the masks window. After clicking this you can paint or color anything black to make it transparent, or white to make it visible.

cSr2i.png

Back