What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create this mirror effect ?

printix

Hi All,

I need some advise on how to create the mirror effect on my products (mirror stickers)?
Such as;

images (3).jpgWall-Mirror-stickers-by-Tonka-Design-3-554x574.jpg

Do i have to take a picture all of my products ? Or is there any simple way to make this effect using my vectors?
Many thanks
Murat

Hi printix, mirrors just reflect the unseen room behind the viewer.

You can just use some vector shapes to create mirrors.

I found this white Dove which I then copied. I rotated the copy. I placed them on a "wall" type background.

DoveMirrors_01.png

I then added a drop shadow and a gradient overlay using layer styles.

DoveMirrors_02.png

I then found an appropriate "reflection", transformed it to the right size and the duplicated it. I moved a reflection layer above both the dove layers and then added a clipping mask to the reflection layers clipping them to the dove layers.

DoveMirrors_03.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 9.48.05 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Hi printix, mirrors just reflect the unseen room behind the viewer.

You can just use some vector shapes to create mirrors.

I found this white Dove which I then copied. I rotated the copy. I placed them on a "wall" type background.

View attachment 35687

I then added a drop shadow and a gradient overlay using layer styles.

View attachment 35688

I then found an appropriate "reflection", transformed it to the right size and the duplicated it. I moved a reflection layer above both the dove layers and then added a clipping mask to the reflection layers clipping them to the dove layers.

View attachment 35689

View attachment 35690

Hope this helps!
i found it helpful

Hi Iamsam,
Thank you for your quick reply. It is definitely helpful as a friend says.
Best wishes.
Murat

Back