What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My filter photocopy is not working, help!

gabygood

Hi I am new to photoshop but a friend told me how to make coloring pages from own photos for my son to color. It has worked fine. First I import my picture and create a duplicate layer. Then I go to Filter>Sketch>Photocopy to ajust detail and darkness...and all I have is a white screen...nothing to ajust. WHY is it not working...I have the same problem with some other filters too but not all of them. Why did this work before and not now...did I do something wrong??

Thank you for your help!
Gaby

I've got the same problem

I'm having the exact same problem with my filters in cs4. I was hoping someone would have responded to your thread with some help but I'm afraid that I don't have anything to offer except that this problem occurred after I tried applying multiple filters to a single layer. If anyone out there has any input on this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Many of the Gallery Effects filters use the foreground and background colors. If both colors are the same ( white for example ) ... all you have is a white screen :mrgreen:

Did you change any of the photocopy values? if you changed the detail value to 0% then you wouldn't see anything.

Man I had this problem too, was like WTF. But it is totally simple. Look on the left hand side where your tools are. You probably have whte selected for the foreground and white selected for the background! Set the foreground colour to a different colour i.e black and it will work again!

Simple: Make sure that your color picker has a color in it. Like black or dark blue. If it is set to white nothing will happen and you will get a blank. Same for stamp and may of these other sketch options.

Hi Agatha, and welcome to the forum. I like your answer, but this is about a very old thread from 2008. :rolleyes:

Back