What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XMP - Blank Window - FIX

MrToM

Guru
If you use 'Adobe Bridge' you'll know you can view all the metadata associated with an image file.
You can also view and edit this metadata in Photoshop via File > FileInfo (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + I).

For 'Reasons Unknown' the resulting Window may appear completely blank...here is the fix:

1. Create a file, (in your favourite text editor), and type:

C:\

(Thats not a typo, its just C:\)

2. Save the file as:

XMP.cfg

....in one of these locations:

Code:
(x64)
[COLOR="#00ff00"]C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\[/COLOR]

(x86)
[COLOR="#00ff00"]C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\[/COLOR]

If the folder 'FlashPlayerTrust' doesn't exist....create it.

3. Restart PS if it was open, open an image file, try File > FileInfo it should now be populated with XMP data.

I've just spent far too long trying to solve this so thought I'd set it in stone here.

Regards.
MrTom.

I never had the problem, but sure liked the simplicity of the fix!

Thanks, from one Tom to another. :)

I never had the problem....

No, neither had I till last night! lol
I've no idea what caused it either, unfortunately. One minute it was fine, the next just blank.....and stayed like it.

The strange thing about it all is that this XMP.cfg file is not part of the original install, so why it works I've no idea....but it does.

Adobe hocus-pocus if you ask me!

Regards.
MrTom.

Back