What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zooming with my pen

Babine

Guru
Since the last update to Ps (Photoshop), I am not able to zoom in out out by holding down the Ctrl key and dragging with my pen. I have checked and uncheck numerous settings in the preferences panel without any luck.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or not doing right? Surely this option is there someplace?

Thanks.

Was this a function of the tablet? Maybe a shortcut? In my Ps, I have to hold down the Z key for that zoom function with the pen or mouse.

Was this a function of the tablet? Maybe a shortcut? In my Ps, I have to hold down the Z key for that zoom function with the pen or mouse.
I'll go through Wacom again. Thanks Sam. When I hold the Z key here, it's a 'click to zoom'. Similar to Alt-Ctrl and click. :^(

holding down the space bar and/or Alt or Ctrl, allows for free zooming in or out.
For me the Space Bar is the Hand Tool with any tool.

The Command key is the Move Tool with any tool.

On any tool requiring a brush, the Control key brings up the Brush Preset Picker.

The Alt/Option key works with the Brush Tool and brings up the Eyedropper Tool, the Clone Stamp Tool selects the target sample point, the Gradient Tool brings up the Eyedropper Tool, all of the Shape Tools it brings up the Eyedropper Tool, the Hand Tool it brings up the Zoom Tool, and with the Zoom Tool it allows for + or - zoom.

Back