What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create and host your own online cloud Tutorial

Hoogle

Guru
Ok to many people there is no need for this but after having problems with adobe creative cloud hosting, Google drive timing out dropbox being slow and most of all paid for cloud storage I decided to create this tutorial based on setting up your own cloud storage.

Ok I am the first to admit the rewards look awesome for it as I am hosting mine on the back end of 1 of my dedicated servers which has 2 x 2 Tbs hard drives so as you can imagine that is a lot of storage, but it is worth mentioning that I tested this out with godaddy which for $5 a month you get a domain name and unlimited hosting space so it can be good value to have unlimited cloud storage for that price, I can not verify this works as easily with all hosting companies and I did have to contact godaddy to activate php curl on my domain which they did within an hour.

However I was not so lucky with setting this up on free webhosting sites they had php locked down they wouldnt activate scripts for me and even trying to over ride it with a /httaccess file it failed, and most of the 1s I tried it on wasnt a case of the script being disabled it was in fact there php being outdated.

So yes this is not for everyone and before you take out paid hosting just for this please check with the hosting company that they can support it.

Like I said this works best of you have it on a dedicated server.

the 1 set up was just for tutorial purpose but if you would like to test it out I can create a few accounts for a week or so just ask and I will send you a username and password but please note this is just for testing do not store any files on their you cant afford to loose as your account will be deleted in approximately 1 week.

Back