What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movo - Logo Design

Nathaniel-WoLvEz

So I am designing a App for Smart Phones, This is my Logo - Well my 1st draft. Can I get pointers or advice?
Movo.jpg

Obviously resolution has dropped.

I like the basic design. It seems a bit lopsided though. I refer to the heavy decor on the left and the capital letter size. Then on the right, the letters are lovwer case and the decor less hefty. I think there needs to be better balance to it so it doesn't tip over, lol.

But I could be all wet too. It's just a first impression, very quick first impression at that. So argue away.

BTW, if you mean for the jellyfish like design to be part of the logo's balance, I would say that a logo does not include such background except as an applied effect to be changed and interchangeable. The logo itself is the black design and should be thought of as being able to be used in any capacity, standing alone without a BG.

IMHO.

I played around with this. The logo on the right is altered by me. It seems more balanced to me, but whether it is more esthetically pleasing, IDK.

movo3.png

Incidentally, the transforming of the curlique on the right rotated it counter-clockwise and I prefer the original angle for greater interest.

Hi Clare. Thank you for taking your time to reply, especially with an improvement. The logo is just the Movo text, background was a design for welcome page of app that I won't be using.

Tomorrow I shall play around with sizes and balance. This was an initial mock up. The way you have cut up the floral design has inspired me as it didn't even cross my mind to cut up the design! So thank you. I will do a few more examples of the logo Only tomorrow.

Movo is a motivation system. It's an app/client that will be your motivation partner. Anything you are trying to achieve. It is a custom system for a users needs.

ok! I had a quick play this morning, I want the Logo to be simple, but I dont want it to take up all my time! so this is what I have come up with, I played with colours and basic effects, any tips?

The reason for the Jelly fish in the background display is because there will be a virtual companion, was thinking jellyfish - Once I have the logo sorted, I will then do some mock ups of the actual background display and layout of App for you to have a gander at!

@Clare - I used the design you showed with the O, that was inspired! I had been looking at it for like 3 hours and I knew it looked off! - Anyway I simplified it - tried to balance it, Still a mock up, need to refine some edges - but I like it.

1st Pic is just different colours, 2 solid 1 gradient.

color test.jpg
2nd one is beveled, Shadow Stroke, mixed

Effect-test.jpg

3rd with tag line
Effect-test--with-tag.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick and very honest question Nathaniel..........is this the only version of the logo you have?

I feel the swirls don't really go with the chosen font. Especially with the "V". Maybe a nice script font would work better.

Also, the bevel and drop shadow aren't doing it any favors. Stick with a solid colour. However, it does have potential.

Sorry to bring up an oldish topic, just noticed lol.

Back