What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Drawing...each stage a frame of an ani gif

Welles

Guru
A friend from England found this GIF somewhere on the web. He can't direct me to the original site and the URL on the last frame doesn't exist.

However, I thought it was an exceptional piece of work and wanted to share it. It is a portrait of a young woman and each stage is a different frame of the animated GIF. Unfortunately the whole thing is 1mb. I can say it is definitely worth the download if you have a high speed connection, and probably worth it for a dial-up connection.

http://homepage.mac.com/wellesgoodrich/drawgirl.gif

Welles, this is wonderfull! :} :} :}
It's worth waiting to see how a few lines becomes a girl!

Altrough I have to say that the last part (lighten up) I actually don't like, but I think that's different for everyone.
Thanks for sharing!
Bye
Ashcat

Very nice indeed. Too bad the last frame is so light, but what the hay it's quite the gif.

Thanks for post'n the link.

WOW.....that was amazing......how nothing turned into a piece of beauty.....simply amazing.....any more?

wow that is BEAUTIFUL !! :perfect: :perfect:
such a shame of the last frame...

Thanks for sharing this with us Welles ;) :perfect:

Nikkie

I agree with everyone that the final frame actually diminishes the impact of the drawing. It's a good cautionary reminder of how easy it is to go one step too far... Knowing when to quit is important! If my friend knows of any more of these I'll post them but I have a hunch this is a rarity.

Thanks... that's awesome!!! Although I have to say that I am a little more partial to the last frame than the rest of you guys seem to be... I don't mind it at all. I think both images have their place (the lighter and dark) but that's just me ;)

B7 Cool! Thanks for posting Welles!

It's a great 'visual example' of how an artist goes about building an image, layer by layer, colour by colour... rough to fine tuning! :perfect:

I quite liked the burnt look of the "final product" too! :D Bear in mind that the artist did not wish to produce a 'photographic facsimile'... but rather a "pop art" type of piece and, on that level, it was very well depicted/done! :)

Back