What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A recent member from upstate New York, USA

ex_teacher

Guru
I just realized there is an introduction section here and even though I’ve been on the forum a couple months, nobody here has an inking of anything about me.

I retired 20 years ago after teaching high school art for 32 years. That means I’m old if nothing else. I became interested in computer graphics in 1978 (?) after seeing a TV special on creating design using a mainframe and actively pursued this in my classroom and home using Amiga computers from 1986. For vector design I used Pro Draw and my first 24 bit experience was in 1992 with Opal Vision/Opal Paint on an Amiga. In the mid nineties my school had a graphics lab and I used and taught with the Corel Draw suite on PCs. I’ve owned PS since v4 and about the time I retired in 2001 I completely switched to PS CC. I do use Illustrator although I still prefer Corel Draw.

My real love is photography and I use PS almost daily to subtly or not-so-subtly alter my captures to realize my vision of what the scene should look like.

Long time experience or not, I’m not a ‘Photoshop Guru’. When I started here I vowed to force myself to approach everything differently, perhaps more or less elegantly, just to learn something new on almost every project. I’m having fun.