What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Action-advice needed: Make multiple groups with vector-masks?

ptheglev

Hi guys – can someone help me with a little Photoshop-action problem?
Say I have an image with a bunch of elements that each have a clipping-path. The number of paths may vary from image to image.
Now I want Photoshop to generate a Group for each path and make a vector mask on that specific group so I end up with the the same amount of vector-masked groups as the number of paths.
Hope you understand.
Thanx

Hi @ptheglev
I believe it would help for you to share you Layer Stack and or Path stack to which you refer.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Here are the example questions that I cannot determine from your text description
- Are all the elements i a single Layer of each in their own Layer etc
- When you say "clipping paths" are these these regular paths for each element for the formal "clipping paths" that Photoshop supports
- I sees that the end result could be each element on its own layer with its own Vector mask yet that does not require grouping of Photoshop Layers. If you are referring to Photoshop Layer groups, what are the Layers in each group
- etc

I may be the only one that is having a hard time understanding your need yet at present I am confused on the details.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

Back