What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Action Shots

WarmingTheCurb

How do you fix shots like this?

metric_13.jpg

It was taken with a digital camera. Is there a setting I should change so these kind of action shots come out more clear?

Thanks.

Erik

Guru
Unfortunately, no matter which digital app, you can only start with what you have. And your pic clearly shows that the shutter time was too slow, so the subject's movement have not been frozen, and you yourself couldn't hold the camera still, which is worse.
What you can do is go to a higher iso value, or see that you have a camera with a larger aperture. I haven't got any experience with digital camera's, but the principles stay the same.

Best is to shoot with max aperture, (1,8 or even larger, ie 1,4) and a sensitivity of some 800 or more ISO. On traditional camera's this causes more grain as often an ISO400 is shot at 1600 and the developing has to be adapted, but the result is ok.

I would not know how to even start doing anything whatsoever with this pic but to delete it. Sorry.