What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Action to resize images and save with dimensions in the file name.

Boxie

Hi all,

I'm trying to make an action but I can see how I can get the final part to work.

I have a file called Image1.jpg and I'd like to fully automate the file to be resized to 5 different sizes (8x10, 10x12, 12x14, 14x16, 16x18), each one saves but with the file size in the title so I would end up with the following in the same folder:

Image1 8x10.jpg
Image1 10x12.jpg
Image1 12x14.jpg
Image1 14x16.jpg
Image1 16x18.jpg

My idea would be that I would open the file and run an action that works through until complete with no intervention by me, is this possible and if so can someone give me help on how I can achieve this please?

Thanks in advance.

Quello che chiedi è impossibile da fare con le azioni, potrebbe essere fatto con uno script

Are you aware that the picture sizes have different proportions?

Theoretically, you can do it with the Image Processor Pro - so you can create up to 10 freely definable file types at the same time (including individual file names)

Thanks, I did think it wouldn't be possible but thought I'd ask in case.

Yes I am aware these are different dimensions, it was just a thought to ask but I'll look at other ways to make it faster thanks for the info.

Back